Galaxy S4: People can't hear me

Amazonnia

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought the S4 6 months ago and a few days ago, when call or receive calls, people can't hear me but i can hear them. When i activate my speakerphone, they can hear me. I did a factory reset but the problem is still there.

Does anyone has any info in what to do in this matter?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: People can't hear me S4

I bought the S4 6 months ago and a few days ago, when call or receive calls, people can't hear me but i can hear them. When i activate my speakerphone, they can hear me. I did a factory reset but the problem is still there.

Regards
Does the issue happen all the time or did it recently start?

I don't know what the issue could be tied to, but perhaps knowing if it's an all the time thing or random issue may help start looking for a cause.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

You could try S-Voice or one of the other voice-activated features to check whether the microphone is working OK or has a problem independent of phone calls.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

make sure Bluetooth is off. Your phone maybe syncing with a bluetooth you have laying around or with your car's bluetooth.

glowworm22

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Regards

I just had this exact problem and the solution:

The microphone hole at the bottom of the phone was clogged. I could see something grey in it and I was able to scrape it out with a safety pin. (Carefully). That fixed it.

Lisa V-Brown

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

The microphone hole at the bottom of the phone was clogged. I could see something grey in it and I was able to scrape it out with a safety pin. (Carefully). That fixed it.

Thanku to who said tge mic hole was blocked. My sons galaxy had same problem I told him of this comment, he cleaned the hole and now he can be heard on a call again. Thank you.

golliwho

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
It has happened to me several times. I get an incoming call and I can't hear them and they can't hear me. I try calling back, and the call won't go through. The only way to correct this for me is to restart the phone and then everything is fine. I think it is an issue with my car's Bluetooth connection because it always happens when I'm connected to the car. Annoying to say the least!

Al Last

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced the same problem and took the phone to a service center. They did all the updates and that seemed to correct the problem until the following day. I took it back and they said they had to do more updates. The phone is 6 months old, but I disconnected the Bluetooth prior to the first problem and connected again after the first incident. I believe that it has something to do with the Bluetooth.

Amanda Mazur

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

OMG thank you glowworm22 I never would have thought of that until I read this post and checked the microphone hole. You saved me a lot of hassle and looking like an ***** going back to Rogers lol

Alayna Stanislav

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

I registered on this site specifically to thank glowworm22. Thank you so much for helping me fix my phone, I was about to buy a new one until I stumbled on your solution :)

Rynoster

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem but it only happens every now and then, more often than not. People will phone me then i can't hear anything, when i phone them back or they phone me again after that, we can hear each other fine.
After i restart my phone, it seems to work fine (for a short while)
All my software is up to date. It has got nothing to do with my bluetooth and wifi as well.
Anybody got any advice.

epifano83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I've also had the same problem as Rynoster, however I've had the phone replaced twice, booted to safe mode several times thinking it might rouge app, tried going in and out of airplane mode, doing a hard reset and replacing the Sim Card Twice, I've also tried looking down the Headphone jack after reading this forum but there are no obstructions I've ever sprayed it out with pressurized canned air. Has anyone else found a resolution for this problem?

Neil Swift

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi after reading some comments ans suggestions below i tried a few and the thing that sorted my phone out was to use a pin to clean the tiny speaker hole at bottom of handset. Phone working a treat now.
Regards
Swifty

nuksoocow

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi after reading some comments on other forums there seems to be a solution to the bluetooth no sound on hand set problem,
Turn off Svoice and go into Google settings go into voice turn off google now voice and for a lot of people this seem to have worked.

Charanne

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site

Thank you glowworm22. I just bought a used Samsung Galaxy S4 for my fiance & I couldn't hear anything he was saying, but the speaker phone worked great. Was about ready to tear the phone apart when I read this blog about the microphone hole being plugged....and it WORKED. No more problem. Thanks for saving me a lot of time and money!

nrogers35

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I joined this for us just to say thankyou Glow worm.
After go ogling this problem your reply came up. Tried it and phone fixed.
Thankyou so much ☺