S4 has deleted all my s memo's?

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Like the title says really my phones deleted all my memos i had stored in the s memo app and foolishly i had some important information on there, is there any way to get these back? I wont go into too much detail but there was something in there that means alot to me

Any help would be appreciated

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I just created and saved a test S-memo on mine to see where it saves. The memo file on mine saved to internal phone storage at /storage/emulated/0/SMemo; the file type is .snb. Take a look using a file manager app and see if you can find that type of file either in the folder I mentioned or somewhere else in the phone's memory. If you can find the files, there may be a way to restore the data.

Funona

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Help this has happened me too and there are none in the location you suggested other than 2 that I created recently.
So upset!

TIA

candylandy1

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy had too much stuff in storage so I synced lots of files.. until... I realized.. that deleted ALL my memos.. I had some REALLY important stuff in there.. im gonna DIE if I dont get them back.. I badically tried EVERYTHING!! Yet... none of them work..

bubbbab

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm just new to Samsung but something must be weird there, meaning that it must be a process that runs that's deleted them. Maybe a process with an option to delete or not delete files?

I'm sure that someone with more experience will chime in.

Obviously based on tour level of concern there's no chance they are in a backup in Kies?

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 4.4.2 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014

Neil Honda

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
You need to access your backup files from Kies3, see att pic, then copy/paste into the folder SNote. The folders to open are in the pic. Then restart your phone and it will update your deleted notes. I turned on my phone this morning and all my saved notes were gone, so yes hope this helped.

Attachments

• CompFolders.jpg
    CompFolders.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 61
  • PhoneFolders.jpg
    PhoneFolders.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 50

Rachel Hoyle

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
This just happened to me. I noticed it had left the 3 most recent notes and deleted the rest. I pressed the menu button, went to settings, accounts, samsung account and did a sync and thankfully all my notes are back!

Naomi M

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
This just happened to me. I noticed it had left the 3 most recent notes and deleted the rest. I pressed the menu button, went to settings, accounts, samsung account and did a sync and thankfully all my notes are back!

Thanks Rachel! I had same issue and freaked over several months worth of valuable notes lost.. but syncing back with samsung account worked. Thank god for the cloud!!

Jimi Hendrix

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
can you explain the steps a bit more on how to access back up files from Kia.
I lost my Smemo notes and was trying to recover based on your post.
it says see att pic, (can you explain what this is and where i can locate it. then it says copy/paste into folder SNote (where do i do this)
folders to open are in pic: where is this located
thanks and sorry to bother but im not too good at these things

Sharon Fehlman

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
All you have to do is open your notes then hit the 'back' button on your android and you will see a number of your notes so just choose the one you want and it will come back up again.:D

Betty b

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
OMG!!! Thanks Raquel!! I did exactly what you said and I have all my notes back. Your a life saver. :) ( I signed up here just to thank you lol)

natagand

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Syncing doesn't do the trick. I needed to transfer data from old S4 to "new" replacement S4. I attempted "smart switch" app but it didn't work at first. Then, when I needed to look up some info from my memos, all but one old memo had disappeared. I spent yesterday (6 hours!!!) with various tech support. Nobody at Samsung could tell me how to get my data back from the Samsung account "cloud" storage. I tested my theory by adding new memos and could see that the storage usage went up a bit with each memo. This makes me think that my info is still stored, I just don't know how to retrieve it!!!!!

Guests

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Another s4 user with apparently broken smemo The files themselves are fine & can been seen in S note viewer(free) from galaxy apps store. When I try to load a memo in smemo it just crashes outright, import has same effect. Play store version of snote is not compatible.

This happened shortly after a phone reset, some apps have been disabled but nothing that should effect this as same apps under android 4.

Snote worked fine under android 4, broke in android 5 after a reset

Last edited:

Larry Virden

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
My files are all on the phone, but the app does not read the folder.
I just tried to create a new memo, and it doesn't even see that.
I also see the s-memo app stop working after a few minutes.
Is there an alternative app that is better than s-memo?

TIKI K

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I just created and saved a test S-memo on mine to see where it saves. The memo file on mine saved to internal phone storage at /storage/emulated/0/SMemo; the file type is .snb. Take a look using a file manager app and see if you can find that type of file either in the folder I mentioned or somewhere else in the phone's memory. If you can find the files, there may be a way to restore the data.

My friend, I just created an account for this site just to say thank you. I thought I lost some very important information until I came across your post. Thank you, so much.

MavenDuMordant

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
So here I am, joining for the same reason many of you found yourself here from: Something has deleted an important file in my SMemo. I've had this Samsung S4 for 3 yrs but this past few months is the first time I've starting using SMemo. About 2 mos ago I started loosing my entire SMemo contents. I THINK I finally figured out it was from clearing out my entire Miscellaneous section of Used Space. No problems since stopping clearing that section until yesterday when I needed my newly recreated Passwords memo. I had just used it the day before. Of course THAT ONE is now GONE! The other 2 are still there. Which is very odd. I have my phone set to lock after a couple seconds of inactivity - annoying, but I nanny my toddler grandson who loves buttons! So I know it wasnt him or anyone else that deleted it. I am NOT "tech savvy" by any means, but I can follow GOOD step-by-step directions. Does anyone else know if this phone has a "trash" or recycle bin that it might be in?
Thank you one & all for ANY info/help you can give me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez