Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 - Damaged the Bezel around screen

All,

A while back I used to use a pouch for my S4 (from Sena Cases... loved it). I had set the pouch on a chair, and then the phone on the pouch. The phone decided to slowly slide off the chair and drop onto the floor from about 2.5 feet. Fortunately (or unfortunately) the only damage that was sustained was to the small bezel around the screen. No damage to the screen's glass whatsoever. No damage to the mid bezel either. JUST the bezel around the screen. Later I find out in order to replace this part I would have to replace the entire freaking screen!

Any suggestions? I have been using the wonderful Spigen Neo Hybrid Case since, but I have always been a "naked" phone guy. Prior to this phone I was an iPhone 4/4S user, which I always used naked and never damaged the glass on either phone. Am I going to be stuck paying for a full screen assembly if all I need is the bezel? Any way to swap the parts out for minimal cost? Or am I stuck to using a case now to cover the shame of a scratched bezel? LOL

Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Damaged the Bezel around screen

Hey!
    This also happened to me. I love using my S4 naked but it dropped and now I've a scratched bezel too! I was quoted 50 to replace this so now I'm using a case which is hiding it lol!!

Posted via Android Central App

Mine is cracked. And not because I it fell

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,426 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Is there a way for you to buy a used broken GS4?
    EBay, craigslist or other?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!