chelbeejohnson

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got my new Gs4 January 7th, and my son hit it against my iPad..
I go into t-mobile today to exchange my phone and the guy tells me my LCD is broke and there is nothing they can do.
We brought the phone. 700.00!! It's only a couple days old.
I have a prepaid plan so I just switch over my SIM card when I got it, I never had a "plan"
No insurance.

The crack it so small that you can't even see it. I had no idea there was a crack. It's in the right hand corner.
People want to charge me almost 400 for a new screen.
You can't even see the crack!!

They were going to exchange it until the guy look at my phone soooo hard

Christmas just left, I have two boys I don't have the funds for this but do not want to go phone less, and I put so much money into getting this phone because I really wanted it..

It will power up, black screen. Can't see or do anything on it

Someone pleaseeeee help!
Do you know what I can do or someone that can fix it for cheappppp?!

Thanks in advance

White Marsh, MD

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new Gs4 January 7th, and my son hit it against my iPad..
I go into t-mobile today to exchange my phone and the guy tells me my LCD is broke and there is nothing they can do.
We brought the phone. 700.00!! It's only a couple days old.
I have a prepaid plan so I just switch over my SIM card when I got it, I never had a "plan"
No insurance.

The crack it so small that you can't even see it. I had no idea there was a crack. It's in the right hand corner.
People want to charge me almost 400 for a new screen.
You can't even see the crack!!

They were going to exchange it until the guy look at my phone soooo hard

Christmas just left, I have two boys I don't have the funds for this but do not want to go phone less, and I put so much money into getting this phone because I really wanted it..

It will power up, black screen. Can't see or do anything on it

Someone pleaseeeee help!
Do you know what I can do or someone that can fix it for cheappppp?!

Thanks in advance

White Marsh, MD

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your device. iFixit has a channel on YouTube that breaks down things like this, but be advised: Many times repairs like this other things are often damaged during removal. and iFixit techs are used to dealing with stuff like that.

Nurocyon

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I believe that this situation just pisses you off, but the sad truth is that if the LCD has broke because of the user (dropped, hit against somethin etc.), warranty won't cover the costs if you don't have paid for some extra insirance for situations like that. 😞 and yes, changing the screen really costs 400 - ???.? ?.
Hopefully you'll find a cheaper solution without voiding the warranty.

Sent from SGS4 (GT-I9505)

Last edited:

Radioman72

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Call Samsung for a off warranty repair, they charged me $180 for new lcd on my S4 in november. You will need a credit card.

Posted via Android Central App