Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Default stock Media Player Playlists... Can they be transfered from ICS to Jelly Bean?

I recently went from a Galaxy SII running ICS 4.1.2 to the Galaxy S4 on 4.3, so I switched the 32GB MicroSD Card from one to the other keeping the Media folders intact (Music, Video, Ringtones, Podcasts, etc) no changes in content, order, formats, etc. So why wont the new phone recognize the song Platlists created on the Galaxy SII?

I copied the song Playlists from the GSII with the PC and pasted them on the Playlists foder on the GS4 device memory but the stock Media player won't recognize them, they just won't show on the stock media player! The playlists show on the Playlist folder on the folder tree within the phone, but when I try to open them the phone says "Unable to find application to perform this action".

Is there a way to do this?

Default Re: stock Media Player Playlists... Can they be transfered from ICS to Jelly Bean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Strong View Post
    I recently went from a Galaxy SII running ICS 4.1.2 to the Galaxy S4 on 4.3, so I switched the 32GB MicroSD Card from one to the other keeping the Media folders intact (Music, Video, Ringtones, Podcasts, etc) no changes in content, order, formats, etc. So why wont the new phone recognize the song Platlists created on the Galaxy SII?

I copied the song Playlists from the GSII with the PC and pasted them on the Playlists foder on the GS4 device memory but the stock Media player won't recognize them, they just won't show on the stock media player! The playlists show on the Playlist folder on the folder tree within the phone, but when I try to open them the phone says "Unable to find application to perform this action".

Is there a way to do this?
    Try a different player. Poweramp is usually good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2