Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By Karney0301
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Can't swipe to unlock screen

Looking for a solution please, other than factory reset or throwing phone in the bin!

I had no internet connection over Christmas, only at home. Went to O2 shop who did something to the settings and lost it completely and also phone signal. Called O2 who sent 4 installs, which I did. all good, everything back. Now I can't swipe the phone to unlock. I have taken the battery and sim out which hasn't worked. I can receive calls etc, alarm goes off, but can't actually answer calls, or turn off alarm.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Can't swipe to unlock screen

You may have to go back to the same store. The person who locked the phone might remember what they did. Is it possible you gave them a PIN? Or did they use your name or something to lock the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

All I did was take the phone in, the guy did something to my settings, whatever he did sent a text with a security code in it and off I went. When I called O2 in the evening, the girl said that no notes where left so she didn't know what he did. She then sent the installs by text which I did and it was fine. The phone was usable, but this morning, nothing. I just can't swipe the screen to unlock it.

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Welcome to the forums!

mrsmumbles is right, you'll need to go back to that store and get them to fix it right.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Yes, and it sounds like that security code might have been a PIN or a password, but only that person would know for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Being the impatient person I am, I called Samsung. There appears to be (and I did not believe O2) a fault with the battery. It can swell and become curved or bumpy, causing issues. My battery is fine. The Samsung guy checked a few things, not any applications, not battery, no recent updates, so when all fails, factory reset. If that doesn't work take into Samsung repair store, which is, for some reason in the Carphone Warehouse! I'll let you know how I get on.
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Karney0301 View Post
    Being the impatient person I am, I called Samsung. There appears to be (and I did not believe O2) a fault with the battery. It can swell and become curved or bumpy, causing issues. My battery is fine. The Samsung guy checked a few things, not any applications, not battery, no recent updates, so when all fails, factory reset. If that doesn't work take into Samsung repair store, which is, for some reason in the Carphone Warehouse! I'll let you know how I get on.
    Good luck on that, and let us know if they fix it.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!