1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sound Isuues

Hi!
    I have my S4 since May 2013 with no issues. Thursday, Jan 9 I got a call but couldn't hear the caller nor they me.
    1) Rebooted and it didn't help. Tried again and it did until I accessed any app that uses the microphone or speakers.
    2) Cleared cache partition and this seemed to help for longer but eventually died out again. For example, I tried to record a voice recorder file and although the timer on the recording was rolling, it did not record any sound.
    3) I did a factory reset after backing everything up. To my surprise It seemed to be working for a while but then I realized that this did not fix the issue entirely. It had slipped into NO sound mode again.
    I would say its a hardware issue, but why would it even fix for a short amount of time? And if its a software issue why wouldn't clear cache partition and factory reset resolve it permanently? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Sound Isuues

Quote Originally Posted by norm1996 View Post
    Hi!
    I have my S4 since May 2013 with no issues. Thursday, Jan 9 I got a call but couldn't hear the caller nor they me.
    1) Rebooted and it didn't help. Tried again and it did until I accessed any app that uses the microphone or speakers.
    2) Cleared cache partition and this seemed to help for longer but eventually died out again. For example, I tried to record a voice recorder file and although the timer on the recording was rolling, it did not record any sound.
    3) I did a factory reset after backing everything up. To my surprise It seemed to be working for a while but then I realized that this did not fix the issue entirely. It had slipped into NO sound mode again.
    I would say its a hardware issue, but why would it even fix for a short amount of time? And if its a software issue why wouldn't clear cache partition and factory reset resolve it permanently? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    What model do you have? (AT&T/etc.) Also, did you update the firmware lately? What firmware version are you on (4.2.2/4.3)
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sound Isuues

Hi!
    Thank you for the response!
    I have a Verizon version S4 - SCH-I545, 16G, with firmware version 4.3. I updated when the last update was released back around a month or so. Any ideas?