Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JudH
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to rearrange my drawer with Nova Launcher?

I've had my phone for about 6 months now and the apps are stacking up. In the drawer, I've put the apps into folders according to category. But the apps that are displayed are not always the ones that I use most. Sometimes I have to open up a few to find the apps I want. So I was just wondering I could arrange it in a way that displays apps I want.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Is there a way to rearrange my drawer with Nova Launcher?

Not sure about that. Personally, I leave the drawer with the apps in alphabetical order, and I arrange my homescreens for most used apps

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

You can create a new tab that will show up as a separate section in the drawer. I've done this in order to show my most used apps in one spot.

Nova settings > drawer > drawer groups > add tab > name tab > select apps > move tab to top of list

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by SactoKingsFan View Post
    You can create a new tab that will show up as a separate section in the drawer. I've done this in order to show my most used apps in one spot.

Nova settings > drawer > drawer groups > add tab > name tab > select apps > move tab to top of list

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    That's a good idea. I guess it's not a bad compromise.

Another option is to create a SUB-folder within each category folder and move the less used apps into it. For example I have a TOOLS drawer folder. Within it is a "xt[ MORE ] folder. The more regularly used apps are in the main Tools folder and seldom used apps are in More. Makes it a lot easier to find things. The "xt" prefix is to force it to be last and the "t" for tools since I have more than one More.
    Aesthete18 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by JudH View Post
    Another option is to create a SUB-folder within each category folder and move the less used apps into it. For example I have a TOOLS drawer folder. Within it is a "xt[ MORE ]“ folder. The more regularly used apps are in the main Tools folder and seldom used apps are in More. Makes it a lot easier to find things. The "xt" prefix is to force it to be last and the "t" for tools since I have more than one More.
    That's a good idea as well. Thank you.