So long Android, Again...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's great! I'd want at least 128 gigs internal storage to feel there was enough room. :D:p:D

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

16 internal and 64 GB SD card is only 80 though :(
I'm glad I don't have that much music, I only have around 200 songs and it's about 670 MB. His 40GB is like 12,000 songs :eek:

Posted via Android Central App

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, the only thing I think Apple does better than Android is music. Unless Play Music has resolved all of that. It just seems a lot easier to get music on an iOS device and an Android. But then again, I just switched back to android from using iOS for a couple years so they could both be equivalent in that area now.

Sent from the mother ship

It's a simple as connecting your phone to a PC and dragging and dropping. You can also use some apps to sync with iTunes.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
16 internal and 64 GB SD card is only 80 though :(
I'm glad I don't have that much music, I only have around 200 songs and it's about 670 MB. His 40GB is like 12,000 songs :eek:

You have hardly any music! The young generation is weird. :p:D But that's why they need to build more storage into new devices. Not just for music, but for the games which will get bigger. Then old people will almost have enough storage for music. :D

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You have hardly any music! The young generation is weird. :p:D But that's why they need to build more storage into new devices. Not just for music, but for the games which will get bigger. Then old people will almost have enough storage for music. :D

I don't need more than that lol. Those 200 songs is enough for 10+ hours of listening. When am I ever going to go out on a trip for more than 10 hours? :p

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't need more than that lol. Those 200 songs is enough for 10+ hours of listening. When am I ever going to go out on a trip for more than 10 hours? :p

You never know where life may take you. :D

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I can't imagine having only 200 songs. Boring! But then again I have had decades to collect them! Although if I was younger and was just starting out I would probably be in the same boat with all the streaming services.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't imagine having only 200 songs. Boring! But then again I have had decades to collect them! Although if I was younger and was just starting out I would probably be in the same boat with all the streaming services.

Yeah I guess, but like I said I never take long trips where I would need that much music.
I can always add more if I do need it...

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I guess, but like I said I never take long trips where I would need that much music.
I can always add more if I do need it...

You might need it if you go to M?xico. Driving! 😉

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just stream Google music.. And when going on trips make a huge playlist on Google music and pin (download) it to my device. Win win! :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
There's trade offs to anything in life. Phones are no exception. What one does well, another falls flat on. Personally, I will take flexibility with the OS over battery life for a music app. Especially since I never use a music app for more then an hour away from a plug. In the car, I've got my charger. So it's no big deal at all.

Yeah but when standby time blows, the phone takes too long to open the camera app, switch to landscape mode there is a problem. Basic things that Android has had years to fix and doesn't. I don't think rooting could fix these problems?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but when standby time blows, the phone takes too long to open the camera app, switch to landscape mode there is a problem. Basic things that Android has had years to fix and doesn't. I don't think rooting could fix these problems?

You need a different PHONE for that, not a different OS. My Moto X does just fine in the standby department, opens the camera app right away and switches over to landscape quickly. Not all Android phones are created equal. And just because the S4 is trotted out as Samsung's 2013 flagship does not mean it is the pinnacle of Android achievement or speed.

Your post should read "basic things that SAMSUNG has had years to fix and doesn't" not Android.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but when standby time blows, the phone takes too long to open the camera app, switch to landscape mode there is a problem. Basic things that Android has had years to fix and doesn't. I don't think rooting could fix these problems? Posted via Android Central App

For me , GS4 camera launch time seems pretty quick.

If there's a slow camera , its Lumia 1020 , very slow camera if you want to take multiple shots.The slowest camera I have ever seen in recent times.

Does it mean WP is slow ? Nope , Mango devices from 2011 can take pictures faster than even iPhone 5S/Moto X because of the design they have (dedicated camera key and taking snap shot is never been so easy even from lockscreen or even if you are browsing , it will take you to camera no matter where ever you are)

All issues you have are device specific.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

If there's a slow camera , its Lumia 1020 , very slow camera if you want to take multiple shots.The slowest camera I have ever seen in recent times.

Does it mean WP is slow ? Nope , Mango devices from 2011 can take pictures faster than even iPhone 5S/Moto X because of the design they have (dedicated camera key and taking snap shot is never been so easy even from lockscreen or even if you are browsing , it will take you to camera no matter where ever you are)

Haven't used it, but that's probably because of the software. Still takes the best pics by far :p

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I definitely agree!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just came from iPhone to the GS4 on Sprint and every time I use/help my wife with her iPhone 5, I feel like my eyes need to squint and that I'm holding a 5th Avenue bar :)

My iPod Touch 4th generation has even smaller screen....Imagine what I feel like.

It is too thin and also very small to hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke