Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 144
Like Tree67Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    vjr021's Avatar

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default So long Android, Again...

    I WANTED to make this work, I really did... I was all excited about the S4 being water resistant, great screen, the Smart Dock accessories... It all seemed great.

    Then I found out, no 4.3. No Galaxy Gear. No communication on when things can be expected.

    Sadly, I will be selling my S4 and all the fun toys I have bought... It might not be fair to Samsung, or Android, but I can't shake the fact there are still updates that need to be addressed, and nothing has been done about it.

    Again, I might be wrong, I might be missing something, but from where I stand, all the hype has been just that.

    iOS is FAR from perfect, but at least they are all in it together.

    Maybe the S5 will be better...
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G
  2. #2  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by vjr021 View Post
    I WANTED to make this work, I really did... I was all excited about the S4 being water resistant, great screen, the Smart Dock accessories... It all seemed great.

    Then I found out, no 4.3. No Galaxy Gear. No communication on when things can be expected.

    Sadly, I will be selling my S4 and all the fun toys I have bought... It might not be fair to Samsung, or Android, but I can't shake the fact there are still updates that need to be addressed, and nothing has been done about it.

    Again, I might be wrong, I might be missing something, but from where I stand, all the hype has been just that.

    iOS is FAR from perfect, but at least they are all in it together.

    Maybe the S5 will be better...
    My Galaxy Gear works fine with my S4 on Verizon so I am not sure where you are getting your information.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  3. #3  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Apple apparently lost you twice but OK. Enjoy your iPhone. :thumbup:

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    dannyv09 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Most people around the world with an S4 have 4.3 by now - maybe you should be angry at your carrier for not upgrading, rather than Samsung and Android.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
    ladyc0524 and Vacmfuzzy like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    vjr021's Avatar

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    Most people around the world with an S4 have 4.3 by now - maybe you should be angry at your carrier for not upgrading, rather than Samsung and Android.
    That was one of the things I was upset about... With Android its always someone else's fault. Samsung should place pressure on the carrier, or vice versa.

    Again, Apple isn't perfect, but if there is an update, everyone gets it, if there is something wrong, everyone is without. You don't have the "grass is greener on the other side" you get with Android.

    I will keep trying, because there are features I really like, but I think they need to work on being on the same page.
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G
    Sanjay Chandra and STSVA like this.
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    Most people around the world with an S4 have 4.3 by now - maybe you should be angry at your carrier for not upgrading, rather than Samsung and Android.
    He has the S4 Active. Which is still on 4.2.2 I believe

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    My Galaxy Gear works fine with my S4 on Verizon so I am not sure where you are getting your information.
    He has the S4 Active... Notice how he says waterproof

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    Thanked by:
    Speedygi likes this.
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by vjr021 View Post
    That was one of the things I was upset about... With Android its always someone else's fault. Samsung should place pressure on the carrier, or vice versa.

    Again, Apple isn't perfect, but if there is an update, everyone gets it, if there is something wrong, everyone is without. You don't have the "grass is greener on the other side" you get with Android.

    I will keep trying, because there are features I really like, but I think they need to work on being on the same page.
    Samsung was a poor choice for Android. Lately they have been having lots of issues, if you want to see what Android is really like, get the Moto X or Nexus 5

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  9. #9  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Samsung was a poor choice for Android. Lately they have been having lots of issues, if you want to see what Android is really like, get the Moto X or Nexus 5

    Posted via Android Central App
    Different strokes for different folks I guess, my note 3 has been a far better experience than my Nexus 5
  10. #10  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    He has the S4 Active. Which is still on 4.2.2 I believe

    Posted via Android Central App
    I missed that part. And I think he makes a good point about how the Android world tends to be somewhat disjointed between Google, the phone manufacturer, and the carrier.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
    ladyc0524 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    vjr021's Avatar

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    I didn't meant to start any kind of war, just needed to vent some frustration... It sucks that the hardware is soooooo close to being great, but the software can't keep up.
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G
  12. #12  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    I missed that part. And I think he makes a good point about how the Android world tends to be somewhat disjointed between Google, the phone manufacturer, and the carrier.
    That's the difference between closed and open systems. One's homogeneous and the other's heterogeneous.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    mhinc likes this.
  13. #13  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,088 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    That's the difference between closed and open systems. One's homogeneous and the other's heterogeneous.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    True!

    Anyway, you should try the nexus 5 or the Moto X, I hear they're pretty good.

    You could also get the regular GS4 which is already on 4.3 and get a waterproof case.
    That's what my brother did and he couldn't be happier!
    My bro got the Lifeproof Frē and has dropped the phone several times on concrete and in water, the result; his GS4 is fine and dandy!

    Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  14. #14  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by STSVA View Post
    I missed that part. And I think he makes a good point about how the Android world tends to be somewhat disjointed between Google, the phone manufacturer, and the carrier.
    Yeah. It's somewhat of a mess.
    That's why I am sticking to the Nexus line or Moto X from now on...

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    Wildo6882 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    The ATT GS4 Active just got 4.3 today
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    vjr021's Avatar

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Do I need an AT&T sim to make the update work?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    Trying the ONE X again...
    iPhone 4 (RIP)
    Blackberry Torch (BES email)
    NEW MBA 11", NEW 4G iPad 16G
  17. #17  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Try the Moto X or the Nexus 5. Those are the best Android phones to date currently. They all blow the Samsung S4 away.
    sameer kapoor likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by BB fan forever View Post
    Try the Moto X or the Nexus 5. Those are the best Android phones to date currently. They all blow the Samsung S4 away.
    Yeah right

    Posted from my SGH-I337M
  19. #19  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by vjr021 View Post
    I WANTED to make this work, I really did... I was all excited about the S4 being water resistant, great screen, the Smart Dock accessories... It all seemed great.

    Then I found out, no 4.3. No Galaxy Gear. No communication on when things can be expected.

    Sadly, I will be selling my S4 and all the fun toys I have bought... It might not be fair to Samsung, or Android, but I can't shake the fact there are still updates that need to be addressed, and nothing has been done about it.

    Again, I might be wrong, I might be missing something, but from where I stand, all the hype has been just that.

    iOS is FAR from perfect, but at least they are all in it together.

    Maybe the S5 will be better...
    That is the difference between apple and their one and only phone they hope will work for most peoples needs, and android, with many types to fit everyone's needs. my S4 has been working perfectly, I have not had any of the issues that seem to pop up.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Spoken like a true iPhone junkie, trashing the competition. I have the S4 with the 4.3 update and Gear. Nice try.

    Posted via Android Central App
    mhinc and thatdude93 like this.
  21. #21  
    iRetired's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by vjr021 View Post
    That was one of the things I was upset about... With Android its always someone else's fault. Samsung should place pressure on the carrier, or vice versa.

    Again, Apple isn't perfect, but if there is an update, everyone gets it, if there is something wrong, everyone is without. You don't have the "grass is greener on the other side" you get with Android.

    I will keep trying, because there are features I really like, but I think they need to work on being on the same page.
    Uh, yeah. Good luck with the walled garden, OP. The only good iPhone is a jailbroken iPhone (IMHO - I also have an iPhone 4S with 7.0.4, jailbroken). So you better act fast before Apple patches the jailbreak exploits and seals up your ticket to a jailbroken iOS7 device.
    sameer kapoor likes this.
  22. #22  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,459 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Hammonds View Post
    Spoken like a true iPhone junkie, trashing the competition. I have the S4 with the 4.3 update and Gear. Nice try.

    Posted via Android Central App
    He has the S4 Active. He has no support for the Gear or 4.3
    I mentioned it a few times above...

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    mightyfacundo likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    He has the S4 Active... Notice how he says waterproof

    Posted via Android Central App
    Then he should have stated that he has the S4 active, instead of just saying S4...
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

    "You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    LegalAmerican likes this.
  24. #24  
    MERCDROID's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Hammonds View Post
    Spoken like a true iPhone junkie, trashing the competition. I have the S4 with the 4.3 update and Gear. Nice try.

    Posted via Android Central App
    How, exactly, did he trash the competition?
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

    Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: So long Android, Again...

    I would recommend trying a different android device other than Samsung before giving up on Android completely. Pick up a Moto X or Nexus 5 and experience Vanilla Android. Its far better. Samsung, HTC, etc all out their own UI on their phones and I don't believe they do android any justice. Just my opinion though.

    Anyway, good luck with Apple!

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to turn on an Android phone with a broken power button?
    By Psystalker in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM
  2. Paranoid Android KitKat
    By JohnBB101 in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:45 PM
  4. How to get detailed process infos in android
    By maykec in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 02:17 AM
  5. Android 4.2.2 issue with strange feature How to disable?
    By v_enus in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 11:42 PM

Posting Permissions

B