Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Is there a app that actually works to clean browser history? I think I've tried them all and none works

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    It might be easier just to switch browsers.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    you can't delete your history by tapping your menu button and going into the settings? (Its probably under privacy).

    Alternatively you could also go settings>apps>all apps>scroll to your browser and tap on it

    Then tap clear cache, and then tap clear data

    This SHOULD wipe out everything, including passwords and login data, as well as history.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

    Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    you can't delete your history by tapping your menu button and going into the settings? (Its probably under privacy).

    Alternatively you could also go settings>apps>all apps>scroll to your browser and tap on it

    Then tap clear cache, and then tap clear data

    This SHOULD wipe out everything, including passwords and login data, as well as history.
    Yes I can but I was looking for app to do it periodically for me in the background

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Go to system settings, them app manager. Look for your browser (I'm assuming you're using stock, which you should probably switch to chrome, dolphin, or Firefox), and hit clear cache. It'll clear your passwords; but it'll get it done.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Quote Originally Posted by kfres39389 View Post
    Go to system settings, them app manager. Look for your browser (I'm assuming you're using stock, which you should probably switch to chrome, dolphin, or Firefox), and hit clear cache. It'll clear your passwords; but it'll get it done.
    I understand that but I was looking for a app to do all that in the background or just touch a widget. I was using Chrome but since none of the apps worked for me I started using the stocker thinking that was the problem.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Chrome is buggy. Firefox and dolphin have built in incognito modes so you don't have to clear the history.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    There is a new browser that do not store cache, history by default, if not mistaken it's next browser
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Quote Originally Posted by robinsoncrusoe195 View Post
    There is a new browser that do not store cache, history by default, if not mistaken it's next browser
    That's the name of it Next?

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    There's one called InBrowser (Incognito Browser) that wipes everything upon closing the app, always.

    I find it annoying on the mobile versions of popular browsers you can't enable permanent private/incognito mode like you can on their computer counterparts.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Yes Next, need to really check but it does what it says, no cache, no history
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    The default browser on the Galaxy S4 has private mode and works pretty well.

    It has Air-View Integration which is helpful when you want to examine small elements.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post
    The default browser on the Galaxy S4 has private mode and works pretty well.

    It has Air-View Integration which is helpful when you want to examine small elements.
    I realize that but sometimes I forget to enable incognito before I start

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Quote Originally Posted by Busse View Post
    There's one called InBrowser (Incognito Browser) that wipes everything upon closing the app, always.

    I find it annoying on the mobile versions of popular browsers you can't enable permanent private/incognito mode like you can on their computer counterparts.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sounds like what I need will check it out thanks😎

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 - Browser history

    Quote Originally Posted by ReMarkable2112 View Post
    Sounds like what I need will check it out thanks😎

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung S4 Bluetooth connection problems
    By mistykp in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 04:56 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4 screen acting up!
    By itssel Jaimes in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 08:24 AM
  3. Galaxy Tab 3 - Installing Apps to External SD Card
    By joe navaroo in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 08:40 PM
  4. Droid RAZR - Browser Issue-Unable to bypass
    By DarleneRW in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 11:10 PM
  5. Problems with Default Android Browser
    By abtinnyc in forum HTC One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions