Hey guys

YzMENTALzY

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys from UK getting free upgrade end of the month but gonna wait for the galaxy s5 which should be releasing in feb/march time hopefully .... Just to say im moving from a iphone 5 which is starting to **** ME OFF not in a bad way but im sick and tired of the jailbreaking side of things and dont want to upgrade to a iphone 5s as its a iphone 5 with a newer shell and runs a 64bit chip... Im a techy guy and everyone including dumb people would know 64bit works best with 4GB RAM or more the iphone has always run max 1GB RAM. Not that it lags its seamless as butter... My Apple friends here would think im jumping over to the dark side etc.. But i for one see samsung doing alot of innovating recently even more than apple so many gimmicks n stuff which can be quiet useful in the long run... In my opinion ATM samsung is the leader in the phone department followed by apple. And Jailbreaking is brilliant and thats what i will probably miss the most but its always a cat and mouse game and you gotta live without jailbreak for some time till its developed whereas android i can do whatever i want with so much freedom its astonishing. It reminds me abit of my symbian days (R.I.P symbian) dont get me wrong but Apple suing samsung for stealing but Apple doing the same by taking JB developers apps and putting them in their new OS is a load of bollocks practice before you preach. My iphone 5 is going to my Mrs and im getting a samsung galaxy s5. Here to say HI ;) i just want to root the crap out of it as its my 1st android i would need abit of help getting used to it so dont kind if i drop by asking all sorts of dopey questions.

Thanks guys il be very active from now on

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys from UK getting free upgrade end of the month but gonna wait for the galaxy s5 which should be releasing in feb/march time hopefully .... Just to say im moving from a iphone 5 which is starting to **** ME OFF not in a bad way but im sick and tired of the jailbreaking side of things and dont want to upgrade to a iphone 5s as its a iphone 5 with a newer shell and runs a 64bit chip... Im a techy guy and everyone including dumb people would know 64bit works best with 4GB RAM or more the iphone has always run max 1GB RAM. Not that it lags its seamless as butter... My Apple friends here would think im jumping over to the dark side etc.. But i for one see samsung doing alot of innovating recently even more than apple so many gimmicks n stuff which can be quiet useful in the long run... In my opinion ATM samsung is the leader in the phone department followed by apple. And Jailbreaking is brilliant and thats what i will probably miss the most but its always a cat and mouse game and you gotta live without jailbreak for some time till its developed whereas android i can do whatever i want with so much freedom its astonishing. It reminds me abit of my symbian days (R.I.P symbian) dont get me wrong but Apple suing samsung for stealing but Apple doing the same by taking JB developers apps and putting them in their new OS is a load of bollocks practice before you preach. My iphone 5 is going to my Mrs and im getting a samsung galaxy s5. Here to say HI ;) i just want to root the crap out of it as its my 1st android i would need abit of help getting used to it so dont kind if i drop by asking all sorts of dopey questions.

Thanks guys il be very active from now on

Welcome to the forums.
If I may make a counter suggestion: Either wait and see if there is going to be a Google Phone Edition (GPe) of the Galaxy 5 or get the GPe 4 now. A few reasons; 1. Updates will come almost as fast as Nexus Devices, 2. Without Samsung's version of Android called TouchWiz, you will experience a version of Android much closer to what it should be, 3. without said TouchWiz, you will actually have more internal space.

If you are open to other options; there is the Nexus 5, HTC One GPe, or if you want the Galaxy 5, I would highly suggest a 32 GB version.

YzMENTALzY

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
If I may make a counter suggestion: Either wait and see if there is going to be a Google Phone Edition (GPe) of the Galaxy 5 or get the GPe 4 now. A few reasons; 1. Updates will come almost as fast as Nexus Devices, 2. Without Samsung's version of Android called TouchWiz, you will experience a version of Android much closer to what it should be, 3. without said TouchWiz, you will actually have more internal space.

If you are open to other options; there is the Nexus 5, HTC One GPe, or if you want the Galaxy 5, I would highly suggest a 32 GB version.

Hey thanks but if i get the GPe will it still have the smart call and all of samsungs gimmicks? Thats why im getting the samsung tbh, plus im in UK we hardly get 32GB versions IF its available il go for the 64GB my iphone 5 is 64GB and im loving the space. The only downside i see with android is that you cant move apps to the memory card which is a bummer. Not too fussed by updates i can just root and add custom roms as i please right? Or i can add samsung keernel for the GPE and il b able to run the eye tracking and other stuff? I dont want a 1 year old phone when a new variant is coming out because il b bound to a 2 year contract so the s4 will be 3 years old by then.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks but if i get the GPe will it still have the smart call and all of samsungs gimmicks? Thats why im getting the samsung tbh, plus im in UK we hardly get 32GB versions IF its available il go for the 64GB my iphone 5 is 64GB and im loving the space. The only downside i see with android is that you cant move apps to the memory card which is a bummer. Not too fussed by updates i can just root and add custom roms as i please right? Or i can add samsung keernel for the GPE and il b able to run the eye tracking and other stuff? I dont want a 1 year old phone when a new variant is coming out because il b bound to a 2 year contract so the s4 will be 3 years old by then.

Google editions won't have those extra features.
With Samsung adding Knox security, I have seen problematic threads for rooting and flashing ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

YzMENTALzY

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok thats fine im really looking forward to the s5 from rumours sounds brilliant and i cant wait moving to the "DARK side" as many would say im following the release religiously anticipating it. If the LTE version does infact be the metal one with the evo6 octa core il be more than happy.

According to rumours from reputable site which got the s4 ones right it will have iris scanner and 2 variants. snapdragon is plastic but no LTE but metal on will have octacore cpu and LTE, new touchwiz UI, and a (2K) screen with better smart features. Expecting march announcement and april release. Air View and Air Gesture hover gesture technology found on the Galaxy S4 has evolved to a point where your hands and fingers are detected even further away from the screen.

The tech allows the S4 to scroll through menus with in-air swipes (Smart Scroll) and to bring up previews of gallery images, emails and more by hovering your finger over them (Air View). We've never been completely convinced of its usefulness but it's a neat party trick. The Galaxy S5 could feature improved gesture controls, thanks to an increase in its screen's hover recognition range. Coupled with the iris-scanning technology that’s rumoured to be in the Galaxy S5, it’s shaping up to have more than a few impressive tricks up its sleeves come launch day.

Samsung has form in delivering rugged, weather-proof smartphones through the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, but next year that sort of toughness could come engineered into the flagship Galaxy S5.

Leaked benchmarks of what could be the Galaxy S5 have appeared at GFXBench, and they point to a – wait for it – 1440p display.

That's an insane 2560x1440 2K HD screen. On a smartphone. That's half as many pixels you'll find on a newfangled 4K television screen. According to SamMobile's sources, the Galaxy S5 will feature a 5.25in AMOLED display with the aforementioned 1440p resolution. That aforementioned 560ppi now looks likely.
March launch date for the Galaxy S5, with the phone hitting shops in April, priced €800 (?670) for the metal version and €650 (?560) for the plastic variant.

My own personal view: Samsung is already streets ahead of the outdated, hype Apple produce and nowadays it's bad Apple which tries in vain to catchup. Only mugs and suckers buy the iPhone (i was one of them) lol. How about a kickstand, Bigger battery, Slimmer Bezels. Speakers on front. and 3D. Working as wi-fi Access Point, Repeater (distance extender), wireless modem/router. And what about TV-tuner inside? Radio FM & DAB + Internal aerial. Extra large battery 3000mah True HD Screen. 4Gb of RAM Decent Headphones provided. Lol maybe a bit too much to ask for but hey its samsung they cram up loads of stuff in their phones.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok thats fine im really looking forward to the s5 from rumours sounds brilliant and i cant wait moving to the "DARK side" as many would say im following the release religiously anticipating it. If the LTE version does infact be the metal one with the evo6 octa core il be more than happy.

According to rumours from reputable site which got the s4 ones right it will have iris scanner and 2 variants. snapdragon is plastic but no LTE but metal on will have octacore cpu and LTE, new touchwiz UI, and a (2K) screen with better smart features. Expecting march announcement and april release. Air View and Air Gesture hover gesture technology found on the Galaxy S4 has evolved to a point where your hands and fingers are detected even further away from the screen.

The tech allows the S4 to scroll through menus with in-air swipes (Smart Scroll) and to bring up previews of gallery images, emails and more by hovering your finger over them (Air View). We've never been completely convinced of its usefulness but it's a neat party trick. The Galaxy S5 could feature improved gesture controls, thanks to an increase in its screen's hover recognition range. Coupled with the iris-scanning technology that?s rumoured to be in the Galaxy S5, it?s shaping up to have more than a few impressive tricks up its sleeves come launch day.

Samsung has form in delivering rugged, weather-proof smartphones through the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, but next year that sort of toughness could come engineered into the flagship Galaxy S5.

Leaked benchmarks of what could be the Galaxy S5 have appeared at GFXBench, and they point to a ? wait for it ? 1440p display.

That's an insane 2560x1440 2K HD screen. On a smartphone. That's half as many pixels you'll find on a newfangled 4K television screen. According to SamMobile's sources, the Galaxy S5 will feature a 5.25in AMOLED display with the aforementioned 1440p resolution. That aforementioned 560ppi now looks likely.
March launch date for the Galaxy S5, with the phone hitting shops in April, priced ?800 (?670) for the metal version and ?650 (?560) for the plastic variant.

My own personal view: Samsung is already streets ahead of the outdated, hype Apple produce and nowadays it's bad Apple which tries in vain to catchup. Only mugs and suckers buy the iPhone (i was one of them) lol. How about a kickstand, Bigger battery, Slimmer Bezels. Speakers on front. and 3D. Working as wi-fi Access Point, Repeater (distance extender), wireless modem/router. And what about TV-tuner inside? Radio FM & DAB + Internal aerial. Extra large battery 3000mah True HD Screen. 4Gb of RAM Decent Headphones provided. Lol maybe a bit too much to ask for but hey its samsung they cram up loads of stuff in their phones.

We will find out soon, won't we?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app