Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Data always 0.

Hello everyone,

Glad your reading this, I hope some of you might be able too help me.
    I would like too know if its possible to make and Samsung S4 say in its settings that there is no data used.

Even tho using data, it should say it doesnt..
    Anyway I can trick my phone into doing this?

Im open for suggestions, I was thinking maybe making a proxy site & opening it in my browser where it always says zero data used.
    But since im not such a geek, I dont think I can pull that off.

Please, anyone? (:

Default Re: Data always 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzler View Post
    Hello everyone,

Glad your reading this, I hope some of you might be able too help me.
    I would like too know if its possible to make and Samsung S4 say in its settings that there is no data used.

Even tho using data, it should say it doesnt..
    Anyway I can trick my phone into doing this?

Im open for suggestions, I was thinking maybe making a proxy site & opening it in my browser where it always says zero data used.
    But since im not such a geek, I dont think I can pull that off.

Please, anyone? (:
    I'm not sure I completely understand what (or why) you're trying to do? Trying to convince other members of your shared plan that you are not at fault for high data usage? I don't think that would fly, since you can always get detailed reports for the account online. In any case, despite the fact that you're asking a purely cosmetic solution, it still smells a bit unethical.

using a proxy will not matter, as the phone is counting all data in and out of the phone, regardless of where it's going to.

Frankly, I don't think there is any way to do what you are proposing...if I understand you correctly (and I'm not sure of that).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hah, I know it smells a bit fishy.. lets just say, someones mom is being a bit of a b*tch..
    Soo, whenever she looks into the phones data usage; it should say that there was no data used.

Any suggestions?

If I fail too find a way too get around this problem, that would mean a whole lot less contact with this person.. whoem is very dear too me (:
    Please help me :'D..

Hah, I know it smells a bit fishy.. lets just say, someones mom is being a bit of a b*tch..
    Soo, whenever she looks into the phones data usage; it should say that there was no data used.

Any suggestions?

If I fail too find a way too get around this problem, that would mean a whole lot less contact with this person.. whoem is very dear too me (:
    She doesn't have to look on the phone.. She can go online and see usage for your line specifically and you can't hide that.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

It sounds like someone's mom, who has the capacity to look at your phone's data usage numbers, probably has the right to do so and is likely paying the bill. I don't think you'll find much help here to be able to lie to "someone's mom". Whenever she looks into the phone's usage data, it should say exactly what is accurate and honest. So there.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    It sounds like someone's mom, who has the capacity to look at your phone's data usage numbers, probably has the right to do so and is likely paying the bill. I don't think you'll find much help here to be able to lie to "someone's mom". Whenever she looks into the phone's usage data, it should say exactly what is accurate and honest. So there.
    I just don't think he/she will get help because you can't hide the usage from the online account...

If you could everyone would. So carriers wouldn't charge overages lol .

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Im not here too explain the whole situation im in, you have a good point.. she'll be restricted from using any data next month & probably months after that. Means she wont be able too chat, which is gonna suck. alot, for both of us. Now she cant even go out and pay for her own data, because her mom will indeed check her phone from time to time, to see if indeed there was no data used.

I didn't really think it was possible at first, and it looks like im right.. :/

Im not here too explain the whole situation im in, you have a good point.. she'll be restricted from using any data next month & probably months after that. Means she wont be able too chat, which is gonna suck. alot, for both of us. Now she cant even go out and pay for her own data, because her mom will indeed check her phone from time to time, to see if indeed there was no data used.

It sucks but that's how life is. Get a computer and use Skype.. Free all the way.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    She doesn't have to look on the phone.. She can go online and see usage for your line specifically and you can't hide that.

Ah...I can't imagine how different high school would have been if we had cell phones...

That's really the thing, if this person is going to get in trouble for using data, masking on the device won't solve anything, that information is always available online and on the account statement.

That's really all there is to it. The "mom" may be a *****, but if she's paying the bill, that's pretty much the end of it. Pay for your own phone plan if you don't like it. If you can't, be happy you have anything at all.

Restricting someone to ZERO data seems like a bit much. If I had kids and want to restrict them for whatever reason, I'd at least set the bar at ~200MB, to allow for incidental stuff.

What about simply SMS text messaging? That doesn't consume data. (at least not that I'm aware of).

Of course, I can once again show my age and just say that you could do what I did when I was younger living with my parents...pick up the phone and call. (It was the only choice).