S4 keeps losing contacts when i reboot phone they come back!

Toon49

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Having a few issues with my s4 don't know if anyone can help!
Basically I keep losing my contacts. I sometimes go to my contacts page to call someone and there is just the black screen with no contacts showing. When this happens I also can't get my contact names up when I try to send a text message and it no longer shows the saved names of people I have recently text just their numbers. I turn my phone on then off again and all names come back and its normal again. It's gotton worse recently as after I restart the phone within an hour all contacts are gone again! I have my contacts saved to my device, my sim card and my Google account just to try to get it to work but nothing has helped.

Another issue which sometimes happens is my emails keep freezing sometimes randomly on one account and I get no error message its just stuck on the same page but also when I go to send a reply and an error message comes up saying not responding and this can't be fixed unless I restart my phone also.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
double check your sync settings first and foremost. Make sure your contacts are synced to Google, and that they are syncing at all times (not just wifi). I would also double check your apps. You may have a rogue app that's messing with your contact sync. Same goes for your email -- double check the sync settings.

Go through your apps and get rid of any 3rd party app (from the Play store or elsewhere) that manages your apps or email accounts. Go back to the stock apps. If this improves the situation, add those apps back one at a time until you find the culprit, and then find an alternative that DOESN'T screw with your contacts or email.

Worst case scenario? back up your important files, photos, texts, ect (make sure you back up any contacts and emails to the cloud!) and do a factory reset. Don't add any apps back just yet, and make sure your Google Play store settings won't restore your apps). Does your phone still have problems in a fresh, factory stock state with no apps? if it does, get it serviced. If not, then either it's a problem with an app you have, or it's a problem with the phone not syncing correctly.

These are the steps I would take. Hopefully someone with a lot more hands-on time with an S4 can provide more details - but those are the steps I'd take

Toon49

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I was thinking of doing a factory reset but thought i'd try other ways first! So my sync setting are fine, so I am now going to try to delete apps. Is there a way to see which ones interfere with contacts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith