What you love/hate about your S4

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. As thread title says. Basically I love everything about mine, best phone I've ever owned (but then my last phones were a Nokia 6070 and a Tocco Lite. Build quality could be better on the S4, my bezel is cracked and s metal build with removable back wouldn't hurt. Android is great too, glad I didn't let the Tab 2 put me off it for good (just bed to sort the bugs)

Posted via Android Central App

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Other than a little better battery life, there's nothing I can ask more of my S4, I love how fast I'm running apps on it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Lumia 820 (WP8 + GDR2).I currently have Galaxy S4 , iPod Touch 4th gen and iPad 3rd gen.

What I love about S4 :
Without wasting time , GS4 is upgrade in every area compared to my Lumia 820.

What I hate about S4 :
-Sunlight visibility GS4 is somewhat poor (tbh I haven't used a device with good sunlight visibility till now , All are pretty much below average even my iPad just too many reflections)
-Stand-by time on Wifi is reduced on 4.3.x but normal stand-by is good as before.

What I wish S4 had :
-Better Touchwiz design (I like TW functionality and prefer touchwiz over Stock Android or iOS any day but design is not as good as one expect from a flagship phone)
-Dedicated camera key to launch camera anytime (This is something I miss from my Lumia)

EDIT : I don't mind plastic body and cheap feeling as long as it supports SD-slot and battery while maintaining thin/light weight design.I actually like the weightlessness of the device.I don't want a bulky device built like a tank.

Last edited:

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Love everything but one

IT'S TOO DARN FLIMSY, I don't like the way it's creaky well at least mine, if I can find a way for it not to be creaky while being without a case, I'd fall in love all over again...Though that's just me being picky cuz I could very well put on a cute case n problem solved.

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Getting the slow charging memo on my notifications bar. This is the charger that came with the phone. Anyone else experiencing this?

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Getting the slow charging memo on my notifications bar. This is the charger that came with the phone. Anyone else experiencing this?

You should send it back to Samsung Customer service and have it checked.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Recently I just encountered a problem where I lose my data connection all of a sudden outdoors, and I can't get it back even after a long wait. It takes a reboot to get it back to normal..

Frustrating to say the least.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Love how compact and lightweight it is for a feature packed 5inch display smartphone, the display is simply stunning and a pleasure to use, the Camera takes great 13MP pics, especially Macro pics. A feature that I cherish is the MicroSD slot, I've got a lot of Music, movies, YouTube clips and so on, so it helps to have my 32GB MicroSDHC U1 Class10 SanDisk in it, on top of the 32GB buil-in storage which I use for the phone cameras pics and vids, as well as documents and downloads, which I backup to the MicroSD and Dropbox. :)

My S4 is a workhorse, the only thing I hated was the issue where the S View Cover UI black screen with clock kept flashing, but I took my phone to Samsung Smart Care near me, they replaced the entire LCD panel with frame in just 3hours, collected my phone the very next day, and the issue is gone now, so I'm very happy.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Love how compact and lightweight it is for a feature packed 5inch display smartphone, the display is simply stunning and a pleasure to use, the Camera takes great 13MP pics, especially Macro pics. A feature that I cherish is the MicroSD slot, I've got a lot of Music, movies, YouTube clips and so on, so it helps to have my 32GB MicroSDHC U1 Class10 SanDisk in it, on top of the 32GB buil-in storage which I use for the phone cameras pics and vids, as well as documents and downloads, which I backup to the MicroSD and Dropbox. :)

My S4 is a workhorse, the only thing I hated was the issue where the S View Cover UI black screen with clock kept flashing, but I took my phone to Samsung Smart Care near me, they replaced the entire LCD panel with frame in just 3hours, collected my phone the very next day, and the issue is gone now, so I'm very happy.

The 32GB S4 isn't available here, only 16 :(

I shove all my media on my SD card and leave whatever apps that don't use too much space on the internal storage

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
for me every now and than I have to reboot because my phone stop going to sleep even though I set it for 15sec kinda annoying if i reboot it'll work again other than that i think the phone is alright.

Yeah. As thread title says. Basically I love everything about mine, best phone I've ever owned (but then my last phones were a Nokia 6070 and a Tocco Lite. Build quality could be better on the S4, my bezel is cracked and s metal build with removable back wouldn't hurt. Android is great too, glad I didn't let the Tab 2 put me off it for good (just bed to sort the bugs)

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Love the gorgeous display, fast processor, and compact body. Hate the flimsy construction and sometimes touchwiz is annoying on the occasion it lags.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
What I dont like:
The S4 has to pause my music to play a notifcation sound. My Blackberry just played it over the music. Even if my phone is on vibrate music stops. Also, my battery life is **** after the 4.3 update even with a FR. I want to go back to the way it was on 4.2.

What I love: everything else :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What I love: Battery life, amazing display, expandable storage and removable battery.
What I don't like: Camera is good on the stock OS, but any third party app or custom ROM will make the camera a lot worse. Plastic feels slippery and can easily dent.

dfogel72

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an extended battery? I bought my phone the first week it came out and it's absolutely horrible! I read on here a while back that S4 owners can take their phones to a Samsung store for a new battery but... I don't have ANY near me that I know of

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an extended battery? I bought my phone the first week it came out and it's absolutely horrible! I read on here a while back that S4 owners can take their phones to a Samsung store for a new battery but... I don't have ANY near me that I know of

Nope. I have the stock battery and it easily gets me through a day, and even two days quite often

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I like most things about it. I don't like the creakiness, the lag (compared to others), the dim screen (again compared to others), the ugly brown of the calendar app, battery life and call quality is weak sometimes. I was talking to a friend who was on his GS4 the other day (I was on a landline) and the echo from his end was driving me nuts. I like the SD card, replaceable battery, accessories and screen size.