1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Windows program to convert GS4 video output to smaller files for web?

I am looking for a video compression program (free as I don't intend to do much of this) to convert the large files that the GS4's camera takes. I want to post the files on dropbox and then post links to the files in my resume. I know I could just put them on youtube and do it that way but I'd prefer not to do that. I want control of the files.

I tried Handbrake. It allows me to open the file but when I try to run the compression on it it exits without doing anything. I can post the error log if someone knows the intricacies of handbrake, or try something else.
    Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Windows program to convert GS4 video output to smaller files for web?

Quote Originally Posted by krauster View Post
    I am looking for a video compression program (free as I don't intend to do much of this) to convert the large files that the GS4's camera takes. I want to post the files on dropbox and then post links to the files in my resume. I know I could just put them on youtube and do it that way but I'd prefer not to do that. I want control of the files.

I tried Handbrake. It allows me to open the file but when I try to run the compression on it it exits without doing anything. I can post the error log if someone knows the intricacies of handbrake, or try something else.
    Any suggestions?
    You should definitely try Freemake video converter.

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: Windows program to convert GS4 video output to smaller files for web?

I did some checking about Freemake. It sounds very good but it does have adware and I think Opencandy which is not something I want to install. Freemake might be fine to use and you can strip out the crap it supposedly puts in - don't know.

But I hoping to learn from the galaxy s4 community whether anyone has been successful converting the video camera output from the phone using handbrake. There seems to be a lot comments on the handbrake site about converting video to be played on the Galaxy phones but nothing converting video that is coming out of the phones.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I did some checking about Freemake. It sounds very good but it does have adware and I think Opencandy which is not something I want to install. Freemake might be fine to use and you can strip out the crap it supposedly puts in - don't know.

But I hoping to learn from the galaxy s4 community whether anyone has been successful converting the video camera output from the phone using handbrake. There seems to be a lot comments on the handbrake site about converting video to be played on the Galaxy phones but nothing converting video that is coming out of the phones.
    It doesn't have adware. I use it all the time lol. Otherwise, I wouldn't have recommended it to you. Are you talking about when you're installing it? And I can show you other video converters if you want.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Okay. I'm only going by what I read and I am being sort of suspicious of software as I did a complete reinstall of windows recently and want to keep the OS as clean as possible - pretty near impossible but I am running spybot and malwarebytes and ms emet,

Someone did mention that you can turn off a lot of the standard stuff when installing Freemake so it sounds like you were careful to do that? I will give Freemake a try. Thanks.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Okay. I'm only going by what I read and I am being sort of suspicious of software as I did a complete reinstall of windows recently and want to keep the OS as clean as possible - pretty near impossible but I am running spybot and malwarebytes and ms emet,

Someone did mention that you can turn off a lot of the standard stuff when installing Freemake so it sounds like you were careful to do that? I will give Freemake a try. Thanks.
    Nah, you just have to read just like with any installation of software. Also I recommend bitdefender anti virus. I've never had trouble with freemake.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk