1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Default Turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage.

Why does this show up in the lock screen menu for all lock screen options except for pin pattern and password? I have a screen shot but don't know how to post it from a phone. I cleared the storage credentials and it fixed it but why does this happen? Also any problems with clearing the storage credentials?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage.

Either the 3 dot menu at the top, or when you tap the + next to the post line, then tap the 3 dot menu. Add picture should be in there.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Default Re: Turned off by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage.

Turned off by administrator,  encryption policy, or credential storage.-screenshot_2014-01-19-04-24-14.jpg
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Also getting this. Don't know if it's related. Turned off by administrator,  encryption policy, or credential storage.-screenshot_2014-01-20-01-34-48-1.png

Go Settings > More > Security and scroll down. There should be heading called "Device administration"
    If there is any checked boxes, you should be able to uncheck them and remove the PIN lock after that.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

No administrators are checked. The first screenshot was fixed by clearing the certificates.

The greyed or lock screen favorite apps is still greyed out (2nd screenshot)

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

You need to have multiple widgets selected

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turned off by administrator,  encryption policy, or credential storage.-1390261531542.jpg  
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Got it. I'm a moron. I had a pin set. That only works with no security or swipe. Thanks to all

Global Posts
    5,535 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by kach474 View Post
    Got it. I'm a moron. I had a pin set. That only works with no security or swipe. Thanks to all

Right. That too, glad you got it to work

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever