1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Screen burn in, need some advice on what to do.

So my S4 at last got the dreaded AMOLED burn-in; it has a line at the tip where the notification bar is at, and there's burn in where the Green phone icon sits on the home screen. The burn-in isn't real bad and is only noticeable when looking at it closely in certain conditions, but it's bugging the crap out of me. I planned to keep the phone until 2015, but if I'm getting burn in this early, I don't want it to get worse, or have more burns pop up.

I still have a few months until I'm outside the 12 month manufacturer warranty, so I'm wondering if I should take advantage of that and send it back. My thing is that I've never RMA'd an item before, much less something so expensive (I paid out of pocket for the phone off of Amazon). I've read horror stories of people getting sent back phones with even more issues from refurbishing, or not even getting them back at all. I also don't know if I'll still be charged a fee or how long it will take to get my phone back.

So, any suggestions as to what I should do?

Default Re: Screen burn in, need some advice on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnedin View Post
    So my S4 at last got the dreaded AMOLED burn-in; it has a line at the tip where the notification bar is at, and there's burn in where the Green phone icon sits on the home screen. The burn-in isn't real bad and is only noticeable when looking at it closely in certain conditions, but it's bugging the crap out of me. I planned to keep the phone until 2015, but if I'm getting burn in this early, I don't want it to get worse, or have more burns pop up.

I still have a few months until I'm outside the 12 month manufacturer warranty, so I'm wondering if I should take advantage of that and send it back. My thing is that I've never RMA'd an item before, much less something so expensive (I paid out of pocket for the phone off of Amazon). I've read horror stories of people getting sent back phones with even more issues from refurbishing, or not even getting them back at all. I also don't know if I'll still be charged a fee or how long it will take to get my phone back.

So, any suggestions as to what I should do?
    well, i think you should give it a try by sending it for refurnishing as chances are there they might refurnish your device without charging you anything.
    Kelly Burby
    Senior Web Analyst
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Screen burn in, need some advice on what to do.

Seems like that's why I'll have to do, but not to say I'm still not nervous something goes wrong along the way. I also have to find out how to return my S4 back to stock from 4.2.2 root without evidence of rooting.