How can I move contacts from one Google account to another?

jmgilliam

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have two google accounts on my S4. Both google apps accounts btw.

I have all my contacts on account 1. I just added and started using account 2 for email and now want to start using it for contacts and calendar etc...

How do I get the contacts over to the new account for syncing and the calendar syncing properly?

Can I move them on the phone or must I do it on the computer?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I have all my contacts on account 1. I just added and started using account 2 for email and now want to start using it for contacts and calendar etc...

How do I get the contacts over to the new account for syncing and the calendar syncing properly?

You'll have to use the Google Contacts site in order to do this, but you can probably use the site in the browser on your phone if you would like to. The process would be as follows:

1. Sign into the source Google account.
  2. Select More > Export...
  3. Select Google CSV format (for importing into a Google account)
  4. Save the file.
  5. Sign into the destination Google account.
  6. Select More > Import...
  7. Select the file you saved previously, and import.

jmgilliam

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to use the Google Contacts site in order to do this, but you can probably use the site in the browser on your phone if you would like to. The process would be as follows:

1. Sign into the source Google account.
  2. Select More > Export...
  3. Select Google CSV format (for importing into a Google account)
  4. Save the file.
  5. Sign into the destination Google account.
  6. Select More > Import...
  7. Select the file you saved previously, and import.

Thanks, very detailed. Appreciate.

one quick question - if I add to the 2nd account will I have duplicate contacts all on my phone? Or should I delete them from the old account on computer so I won't have dups?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, very detailed. Appreciate.

one quick question - if I add to the 2nd account will I have duplicate contacts all on my phone? Or should I delete them from the old account on computer so I won't have dups?

You'll have duplicates unless you remove the contacts from the source account. You can specify which contacts to display in the People app, but that won't hide them in any other places.

jmgilliam

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You can specify which contacts to display in the People app, but that won't hide them in any other places.

Thanks again. Got the first part, but could you elaborate about the "People App" ?

Also in my account settings should I uncheck all the syncing things in the old account?

Last edited:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again. Got the first part, but could you elaborate about the "People App" ?

Also in my account settings should I uncheck all the syncing things in the old account?

It's the 'People' app in stock Android, but I believe it's 'Contacts' for the Galaxy S4, as it's running TouchWiz. There should be settings within that app that allow you to control whether contacts of different sources or types are displayed, but this effect is local to that app.

If you don't want anything from that account synced to the phone, I would go ahead and remove the account altogether.

Petr Menzel

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

My way find after long time. I hope it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12