1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back button problems

Hi.
    i know there are lots of posts by people with problems on use of the back button, but mine appears to be slightly different.

Certain apps that previously were closed or moved 'back a screen' are no longer working on the back button (candy crush is a obvious choice)
    doesnt work on internet explorer or chrome either.

also, i have acquired what can only be decribed as a HUGE lag when pressing home button. this isn't the s-voice problem, thats already switched off. this is a lag of about 2 seconds before my apps come back onto the screen.

i am on a non-rooted, stock S4 using 4.3 version I9505XXUEMK8 (which KIES 3 says is the most up to date version)

p.s. this has all started in the last couple of weeks. Please help me get my beloved S4 back.....

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Back button problems

Quote Originally Posted by ukenigma View Post
    Hi.
    i know there are lots of posts by people with problems on use of the back button, but mine appears to be slightly different.

Certain apps that previously were closed or moved 'back a screen' are no longer working on the back button (candy crush is a obvious choice)
    doesnt work on internet explorer or chrome either.

also, i have acquired what can only be decribed as a HUGE lag when pressing home button. this isn't the s-voice problem, thats already switched off. this is a lag of about 2 seconds before my apps come back onto the screen.

i am on a non-rooted, stock S4 using 4.3 version I9505XXUEMK8 (which KIES 3 says is the most up to date version)

p.s. this has all started in the last couple of weeks. Please help me get my beloved S4 back.....
    Welcome to the forums.
    Clearing cache in recovery might help: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Clearing cache in recovery might help: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.
    Worked perfectly! all seems as it was previously, thanks so much for your help

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by ukenigma View Post
    Worked perfectly! all seems as it was previously, thanks so much for your help

Excellent. Glad it helped. See you around the forums.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here