- 1 Posts
"Can't open file" when trying to open downloaded files?
My Galaxy S4 running on 4.3 will no longer open downloaded files. When I go to Downloads and touch the screen 'can't open file' appears despite the fact that I have Acrobat Reader installed in respect of pdf files and another viewer for other formats. This problem appears to have started in the past month. There is no problem so far as attachments to emails which open fine, its just files downloaded from websites.
- 01-20-2014, 12:56 PM #2
re: "Can't open file" when trying to open downloaded files?
It looks like some have had similar issues in the past, but that may be unrelated. Have you noticed if it occurs with specific file types? You might try the 'clear cache' and 'clear data' options on the Downloads app and Download Manager and see if things behave normally after that.Ambassador Guides, Tips, and How-To's — Table of Contents
Softbricking be damned.
- By General711 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-25-2014, 10:32 AM
- By esrains in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2014, 08:20 PM
- By v8440 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 5Last Post: 01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
- By nelhop in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
- By successsor in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2014, 10:43 AM