Media on SD card doesn't load or shows as broken.

sjsmith1708

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I have a class 10 32gb memory card in my s4

Problem is when I save pics and videos to it then try view them in gallery they either dont show or show as a broken image. I have done a repair and format on the sd card but keep getting the same problem.

Is there any one there who has the same problem or even better help me out.

Im going to bounce this phone off a brick wall with the amount of problems its had.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
There is a media scanner service running on Android phones which is responsible for keeping tabs on the different media (files, folders) on the device. This is how the gallery is 'informed' of your media items. You might try using apps like Rescan SD Card or SD Rescan to force the service to fully re-scan for media. Beyond that, all I can suggest is trying a different SD card.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, my experience with that phone is the same, constantly frying SD Cards (especially SanDisk's, even more the Ultra Line, even more than more if it's a 32GB... it's been an ongoing issue since the Note 2). It's a hit or miss, really, as my Note 10.1 had no issues and my friend's S4 has had no problems yet... but my Note 3 and old S4 did, so I just stopped using SD Cards there.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you put the SD card in a computer and look at the images? Just wondering if they show it as broken.

I had a problem with a microSD card going weird in Nov. I reformatted the card again with a utility that let me format FAT32. I am not sure how the card came before that. I think it was pretty much what I had in my old HTC Rezound. Since the reformat the card has given me no troubles. I would say if it is still giving you troubles. Try backing up the data on your computer and reformat the card - make sure you use FAT32.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, yes haha That's the only brand that's not been reported to have issues hahaha I know, it's ludicrous. As for the format, FAT32 is compatible with Android BUT it limits your file sizes to 4GB, so big videos and media files are out of the question. That's why you're better off using ExFAT.