- 1 Posts
How to I get rid of this popup?
Hoping someone can help. I keep getting a popup when web browsing on my S4 that states " check your android now for a virus." I have not clicked on it and just closed the browser to get out of it. I have very few apps on my phone, and downloaded nothing new, and nothing that wasn't from the app store. I have already reset my phone back to factory settings and haven't installed anything since, but still get this popup when browsing. I have already run various antivirus programs both before and after resetting the phone. Nothing was found. It happens both in Chrome and the stock internet browser. It seems to happen when I click on a link and a new tab starts to open. The tab does open, but this popup shows up. Any idea of how I can get rid of this?
Any help would be appreciated.
- 01-20-2014, 06:48 PM #2
- 619 Posts
Re: How to I get rid of this popup?
Those kinds of popups are usually a kind of spam; they want you to click on a link to"fix" the supposed virus problem. At best, they're trying to sell you something you don't need; at worst, they're trying to get you to download malicious software.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
- 01-20-2014, 06:50 PM #3
- 01-20-2014, 07:15 PM #4
- By cdf3 in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 6Last Post: 02-02-2014, 09:01 AM
- By Samir_Delic in forum HTC One XReplies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 08:38 AM
- By delta7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2014, 11:06 PM
- By Dave Hockley1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 01-20-2014, 10:47 PM
- By Credchemical in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 01-20-2014, 07:12 PM