How to I get rid of this popup?

DaRoni

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
Hoping someone can help. I keep getting a popup when web browsing on my S4 that states " check your android now for a virus." I have not clicked on it and just closed the browser to get out of it. I have very few apps on my phone, and downloaded nothing new, and nothing that wasn't from the app store. I have already reset my phone back to factory settings and haven't installed anything since, but still get this popup when browsing. I have already run various antivirus programs both before and after resetting the phone. Nothing was found. It happens both in Chrome and the stock internet browser. It seems to happen when I click on a link and a new tab starts to open. The tab does open, but this popup shows up. Any idea of how I can get rid of this?

Any help would be appreciated.
D~

Attachments

• popup.jpg
    popup.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 32

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Those kinds of popups are usually a kind of spam; they want you to click on a link to"fix" the supposed virus problem. At best, they're trying to sell you something you don't need; at worst, they're trying to get you to download malicious software.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest clearing your browser cache and data to see if that will stop the popup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have clicked cancel and it lets me go on to the page requested.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app