- 16 Posts
[Need help] Cell standby and phone idle using up 72% total of my battery
I just bought a SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 on ebay, the seller clearly stated that the phone was in good condition with no issues, I just received the phone today and the phone shut down itself twice so I decided to plug the phone to charge it and it is now more than 15mn and the battery just went from 0% to 9%. I attached a picture.
I have 2 other Galaxy (S4, Note 3) and this is the first time such thing happen. (I bought this phone for a friend)
The phone is still running android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 01-21-2014, 05:51 PM #2
Re: [Need help] Cell standby and phone idle using up 72% total of my battery
Welcome to Android Central! It's hard to judge what those stats mean, because you're currently charging. I would leave it plugged in for a good 24 hrs, then use it for a day, and then look at the stats at the end of the day. Just because Cell Standby or Phone Idle use up a high percentage doesn't necessarily mean their absolute power usage is too high--it could mean that all other processes are pretty quiet. Now, it would be a different story if you had just used up 80% of your battery, looked at your stats, and saw Phone Idle for 70% of that use.
- By PixelArt56 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 03-24-2014, 02:40 AM
- By Tera Paleka in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 11Last Post: 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
- By DominusHD in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 6Last Post: 01-25-2014, 09:42 AM
- By anthony1117 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 08:12 PM
- By genesstuff in forum Huawei Impulse 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2014, 04:23 PM