group text downloading
When I turn on my 4g (I have it off to conserve battery) to receive a group text, it has a loading bar showing that its downloading but it stays that way forever. I have to restart my phone to be able to actually download it. And sometimes when I have my wifi on and people are sending group texts, it scrambles the texts so its not in the same order they were sent. Anyone else experience this problem? I am using the stock app and I am with T-mobile.
- 01-24-2014, 04:09 PM #2
- 136 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: group text downloading
Wow. I've never had that particular problem, but I have experienced equally frustrating situations. I'd say keep your 4G on whenever you're anticipating a group message, and don't mess with your data unless you're willing to accept the consequences! I don't think it's an issue exclusive to the S4 or TMO, it seems from my experience that SMS is a million types of screwed up in itself as a thing. I constantly get duplicate messages from people, messages out of order, without using groups or screwing with my data connections.
So, to summarize, SMS is cool and convenient but doesn't work a well as it should for anyone, and screwing with your data to save power can do all sorts of things outside of your Messaging app. My battery seems to last me a single day at school with WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, and NFC on all day, and I'm a heavy user, so maybe you should reevaluate your usage rather than cut out 4G data...
- By Josh Martin3 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 02-17-2014, 06:20 PM
- By Ben Stearman in forum Nexus 5 AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 02-15-2014, 04:34 PM
- By ohsnapsitsLE in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2014, 08:16 PM
- By Chance in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 3Last Post: 01-21-2014, 07:25 PM
- By Austin185 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 05:06 PM