Motorola Smartactions for the S4

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Motorola makes a super app for their phones that automatically changes settings depending on conditions the phone senses; WiFi, blue tooth, location, etc.

I've searched for a similar app for my S4 to no avail. Has anyone come across the functionality found in Motorola's Smartactuons app, but for the S2 through S4?

Posted via Android Central App

Celia Wren

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I loved the Smart Actions on my Droid Rzr Maxx and was very disappointed when I learned my new Samsung Galaxy S4 did not have anything like it pre-installed. I have tried Tasker(very complex even though I am a technical person), and Llama; as well as Handy Profile, Condi (Anton Wolkov), Mini Tasker (Ron Ben-Ishay), Agent, and FINALLY stopped at Smart Assistant Smart Profiles.
I haven't been 100% satisfied with this one either as it doesn't allow both triggers to match in order to activate the profile, it will activate with only one.
Customer service is good though and it does most of what the Smart Actions did. Like allow important callers to pass through the night profile.
I was so surprised Samsung wouldn't have something comparable!!! I even sent a help request to Samsung about it. The reply: "our long-standing company policy does not allow us to accept or consider suggestions for new products or product improvements other than those we have specifically requested. "
Lovely!! Can't possibly be true since there would be no company without customer input!
Well I hope one of these profile managers will fit your needs!

Don't forget NFC tags which are becoming increasingly popular. :)
Celia

Last edited:

nanatara

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Samsung S4 last week and am also greatly missing the SmartActions app that was on my Motorola Bionic. Found this post and I'm now trying both Llama and Smart Assistant but so far finding them lacking - and neither are as intuitive or easy to use as SmartActions was! But I'll keep working with them since there doesn't seem to be much better available... Too bad Samsung hasn't supplied their devices with a SmartActions-type app. What are NFC tags??