- 2 Posts
Verizon S4: CynogenMod
Hi guys, so I'm somewhat new to the android world and this is my first post. I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy s4 back in late august. After doing some research and playing around with my Google nexus 7 2013 edition, I decided I like a stock android look and feel much better than what Samsung offers (touch wiz). I was browsing android central the other day and ran across cynogenmod and was very intrigued. After some more research I decided I wanted to try it out. What's the best way to go about installing cynogenmod on my Samsung galaxy s4? Also, is it worth it for what I'm looking for it to do? Thanks!
Posted via Android Central App
- 01-23-2014, 01:42 PM #2
- 01-23-2014, 03:06 PM #3
One roadblock, however, is that if your phone is from Verizon (and maybe AT&T?) and running the latest software, the bootloader is locked and there's no way to unlock it to install a custom recovery...which means you're essentially out of luck.
- By Easton091 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM
- By kusalanupama in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2013, 12:30 PM
- By 3spinal in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
- By cnguyen0320 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 11-04-2012, 05:45 PM
- By spdwrks in forum HTC One XReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2012, 12:59 AM