Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amemon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    amemon's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Internal Memory negative

    Hi,

    I have a problem related to internal memory, I have no third part app installed and I have made the factory setting and removed all apps manually as well. But still when I am looking into storage it says Internal storage Total space 16.00 GB, available 363 MB (sometimes goes minus if i will open more than two apps like settings, gmail and anything else from default programme) Phone storage: 16.53 GB Available 16.21 GB.

    Moreover when i double tap on APPS in internal storage it shows at bottom (133MB USED 79MB free)

    Please Can somebody help me to find out the solutions for internal memory??

    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Internal Memory negative-screenshot_2014-01-25-11-32-38.png   Internal Memory negative-screenshot_2014-01-25-11-43-10-1-.png  
    Thanked by:
    Rehman punjabi likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Internal Memory negative

    Wow! I know this sucks, but it's actually kinda cool! Sorry, I don't know how to fix that. Do you think it's just a graphical glitch of some kind or is the space really not there? Can you still download and install things? I've seen other situations where the Galaxy S4 didn't properly display memory, and usually you can still "use" that space.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    amemon's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: Internal Memory negative

    Thanks buddy....but it really sucks... I can download but during installation (till the end) it goes and finally it says unable to install (with some error code) and something about memory.

    I did hard reset and now it shows only 2 GB available but after downloading just Soccer Manager its again full......
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    9,739 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Internal Memory negative

    Quote Originally Posted by amemon View Post
    Thanks buddy....but it really sucks... I can download but during installation (till the end) it goes and finally it says unable to install (with some error code) and something about memory.

    I did hard reset and now it shows only 2 GB available but after downloading just Soccer Manager its again full......
    And does it still show the memory with negative space? Sounds like an issue within the OS. Haven't seen this before, only fix would probably be a replacement

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan



    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Internal Memory negative

    Quote Originally Posted by amemon View Post
    Hi,

    I have a problem related to internal memory, I have no third part app installed and I have made the factory setting and removed all apps manually as well. But still when I am looking into storage it says Internal storage Total space 16.00 GB, available 363 MB (sometimes goes minus if i will open more than two apps like settings, gmail and anything else from default programme) Phone storage: 16.53 GB Available 16.21 GB.

    Moreover when i double tap on APPS in internal storage it shows at bottom (133MB USED 79MB free)

    Please Can somebody help me to find out the solutions for internal memory??

    Thanks
    Try factory reset (back up data with Kies/Cloud)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    amemon's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: Internal Memory negative

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    And does it still show the memory with negative space? Sounds like an issue within the OS. Haven't seen this before, only fix would probably be a replacement

    Posted via Android Central App
    Replacement

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post
    Try factory reset (back up data with Kies/Cloud)
    already did .... reset from menu as well hard reset
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Internal Memory negative

    I have exactly similar problem with my phone.
    It shows:
    internal storage
    Total space 16.00GB
    Available - Negative 5GB
    Apps - 21GB

    Whats the problem. i Have very few installed apps ,if any,....
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Internal Memory negative

    almost the same problem here
    internal storage
    Total space 4.00GB
    System memory"4.00gb
    Apps - 748Mb
    Available - 0gb
    when i connected it to a PC using usb cable of mine it says
    Card:2.87gb out of 14.6gb
    "Phone: -1048576000gb out of -1048576000gb" <------------ SERIOUSLY is this even possible pls if anyone finds a solution pls tell us

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 11:24 PM
  2. I need help i deleted everything off my internal memory!!!!
    By bigsmokeldn OT in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 07:50 PM
  3. Flashed a Custom Rom to my device, but can't access my internal sd card.
    By PixelArt56 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 08:53 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 06:16 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 05:57 AM

Posting Permissions