Svoice cannot get the correct work location right.

Alexander Puhl

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I've had my Galaxy S4 with the Sprint network since early November 2013. I'm having some serious issues with S voice when navigating to work. I'll open up S voice and say "Navigate to work" and at first, it kept navigating to a place I went for a job interview back in November, just a simple search back then, I never said it was a work location. Lately though, it keeps navigating to a work location I temporarily worked at in December. Same thing, never said it was a work location, I did put a star on this second location, but that star is gone now. This still continues to happen even though I have the correct work address listed under settings in Google maps. I've even gone under the main phone settings > More > Location services > My Places > Office: and made sure the current work address is correct. S voice settings itself doesn't actually have a work address option to specify, just a home address. I don't understand why S voice is so fixated on these random locations I have searched for and gone to in the past. I've tried clearing the data under S voice, Google maps, it was after I did this that S voice moved onto the December work location. Again this December work location had a star, but was never listed as work in settings. I'm getting very close to doing a factory restore on my phone, or shutting S voice down for good. I've already given up on using S voice for just about every other function, especially when I saw how much faster/better Siri was on my friends Iphone. I'll never get an Iphone though, this is a Samsung issue. The navigate to work feature tends to be quicker than me when it gets the right address which is why I would like it to work. Anybody else have any experience with this issue?

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Hate to say it, but you might want to try out Google Now. I don't like Google having that much information about me, but so far it hasn't resulted in a lot of intrusive advertising. Of course, I work from home, so I can't testify to what would happen if I said "Navigate to work." But on the whole I've found its navigation pretty reliable, once it got used to where I was most of the time.

OTOH.... I just opened Google Now, and it is letting me know that it's 6 minutes from where I am to a location that couldn't be less than 15 minutes away, and which I've never visited or searched for. I take it all back. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang