Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy S4 keep shutting off and stuck on samsung logo

My 6-month old S4 shuts off about 5 times a day and goes into a boot loop, getting stuck on the samsung i9505 logo until i pull the battery out. Please help, I'm getting really tired of this and it's being really inconvenient. I tried doing a recovery boot, wiped cache partition, and when i tried to reboot the phone, it keeps saying "error" and it goes into a boot loop over and over and over again. Sometimes it doesn't function without being plugged into a charger.

I still have a warranty, but I don't know how I'll be able to do some replacements because I bought my S4 while I was on a vacation in the Philippines. Pleaaaase help, what do I do?

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: S4 keep shutting off and stuck on samsung logo

Quote Originally Posted by Louizel Lumpas View Post
    My 6-month old S4 shuts off about 5 times a day and goes into a boot loop, getting stuck on the samsung i9505 logo until i pull the battery out. Please help, I'm getting really tired of this and it's being really inconvenient. I tried doing a recovery boot, wiped cache partition, and when i tried to reboot the phone, it keeps saying "error" and it goes into a boot loop over and over and over again. Sometimes it doesn't function without being plugged into a charger.

I still have a warranty, but I don't know how I'll be able to do some replacements because I bought my S4 while I was on a vacation in the Philippines. Pleaaaase help, what do I do?
    I would do a factory reset in recovery. Hopefully that will help.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    mhinc likes this.

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Louizel Lumpas View Post

Is it rooted?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

You probably have the same issue as way too many ppl here: Bad battery. Just go to the shop where you bought the phone, and they'll give you a new battery for free.