transfer of data from s4 to a laptop

arubajack

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an s4 and cannot figure out how to transfer an ebook I purchased on line (downloaded to my phone) to my laptop. I have it connected via USB and can find my phone on my laptop but cannot find the downloaded ebood anywhere on my phone connected to the laptop.
If it matters .....it was downloaded thru amazon kindle.
I can read it on my phone but I want to transfer it to my computer so the screen is larger and I can read it better.
Can anyone give me a clue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure that's possible (but anyone please correct me if I'm wrong). I am guessing that the file for the Android Kindle app is different than the one that could be read using a Windows Kindle app.

The eBook file is likely in some data directory for Kindle, which probably won't show up when you connect via USB, since the standard MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) USB connection only makes certain media-containing folders available on the desktop. If you really wanted to delve into this, you'd probably need a good file manager app like ES File Explorer to look around the Kindle directories to figure out where downloaded files go. Then you could copy that file to one of the folders that the computer can see via USB (like "Pictures," for example). Alternatively, you could use a wireless file transfer app like Wifi File Explorer or AirDroid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2