Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 stuck on AT&T firmware screen

Hello community so i tried to install custom clockword recovery on my Galaxy S4 and when I booted it up I got a message with a yellow triangle that said "Firmware not authorized by AT&T" and i tried to restore back to 4.2.2 via Odin but i kept getting an error message due to the lower firmware, I tried doing an emergency firmware recover on kies and that didnt work either does anyone have any suggestions ive been trying to fix this for nearly 5 hours and no luck whatsoever

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: S4 stuck on AT&T firmware screen

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Alexander View Post
    Hello community so i tried to install custom clockword recovery on my Galaxy S4 and when I booted it up I got a message with a yellow triangle that said "Firmware not authorized by AT&T" and i tried to restore back to 4.2.2 via Odin but i kept getting an error message due to the lower firmware, I tried doing an emergency firmware recover on kies and that didnt work either does anyone have any suggestions ive been trying to fix this for nearly 5 hours and no luck whatsoever
    Welcome to the forums! So Odin doesn't let you restore the device? That's odd, I never heard of that type of issue or error. Make sure you are in download mode and try a different USB port on the computer. Run Odin again and try restoring the file. You might also want to redownload the file or try another and see if that yields different results.