Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Erratic Locking Issue

Hi,

I have an unlocked Galaxy S4, the lock time is set as 30 mins. The issue I am facing is that when I initiate any call and for some reason the call drops, my phone goes to the lock screen and I need to unlock this. Also when I am connected to my car Bluetooth any time i disconnect a call using my car bluetooth the phone locks.

I am running Android 4.3 and my phone is GT-I9500 with Samsung touchwhiz.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Erratic Locking Issue

I believe the phone is supposed to lock everytime a call is ended without touching the phone. So a dropped call, or a call ended by the other person, or a call ended by a button on your bluetooth headset should lock the screen automatically. It's not a glitch, it's a security measure. This is to prevent someone from getting into your phone, like if you let a stranger barrow it to make a call, or to prevent someone from using your phone if they find it while you're using a separate bluetooth headset.

Now, if you're having an issue with calls dropping, then that's separate, but as far as the screen locking, I do believe that is intended, not a glitch or error.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. This issue also exists when not using bluetooth. As long as the person at other end of the call disconnects 1st or the call drops the phone locks. I also updated my OS to kitkat and this issue even persists post update.

Quote Originally Posted by kapoorudit View Post
    Thanks for the reply. This issue also exists when not using bluetooth. As long as the person at other end of the call disconnects 1st or the call drops the phone locks. I also updated my OS to kitkat and this issue even persists post update.

I do believe it's a security feature, mine behaves the same way.
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    I do believe it's a security feature, mine behaves the same way.
    I can understand there can be a security issue when using with a bluetooth headset. However when not using bluetooth if the other person disconnects before me the phone should not lock. Is there a way to turn this off whilst still keeping the 30min lock schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by kapoorudit View Post
    I can understand there can be a security issue when using with a bluetooth headset. However when not using bluetooth if the other person disconnects before me the phone should not lock. Is there a way to turn this off whilst still keeping the 30min lock schedule?

Only way I've found is to, unlock the phone during the call, and it will remained unlocked once the call has ended.
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S5