Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help please... Duplicates struggles

Long story short, contacts from outlook sync'd to phone, calendars and everything else was through google, now switching the contacts over. When I told the phone to sync contacts with google, I got a bunch of duplicate fields and contact type labels/groups. Is there a way (short of backing up google, deleting from phone, and resyncing from google) to remove only the information that came from outlook?

Global Posts
    7,652 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: help please... Duplicates struggles

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Whitehead View Post
    Long story short, contacts from outlook sync'd to phone, calendars and everything else was through google, now switching the contacts over. When I told the phone to sync contacts with google, I got a bunch of duplicate fields and contact type labels/groups. Is there a way (short of backing up google, deleting from phone, and resyncing from google) to remove only the information that came from outlook?
    Welcome to the forums!

Open the Contacts or People App and select Menu. There should be an option "Contacts to Display" or similar. Select that and choose the contacts to display on the device - hope that helps.