Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Exze_S4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...

    Ok so I dropped it like 11-12 hours before. When I dropped it I IMMEDIATELY pulled it out, it was in like 1 sec or something... When I pulled it out it all worked well, I dried it with a towel and all. Sounds was OK, screen was OK, everything was perfect, as it was before I dropped it. But when I tried to open the camera 1 hour ago, it was very blurry... Both front and back cameras... So I took out the battery, sim and microSD card, and now I'm here.

    Now what should I do? What's my best bet? I heard drying with a hoover (because hair dryers push the water inside, while hoovers pull it out), putting it into a white rice for 2-3 days... Are they work for cameras, or is my camera dead? Is it too late?

    Can I have it repaired or something? My S4 is %100 original and yes, I do have guarantee. I heard that they were waterproof though...

    Please help, any comment is appreciated.

    note: I dropped into the toilet if that makes any difference, lol.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...

    You can try the rice for a few days but you should of done that right away.. The towel only dried the outside.

    Any time a phone goes in water it should be shut down, battery and stuff taken out, and then let it sit in rice for 3 days or so.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    walesser likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...

    And only the S4 "Active" is water "resistant". The normal S4 is not water anything.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    walesser likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...

    I put a bb on rice for a few days and dried very well, if u ask me i think i do the same whit the s4 but try to remove not only the battery try to remove the case for a better drying. Or u can carefuly try to dry the lens whit a swab

    Enviado desde mi Zapatofono GTi9500 con Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    walesser likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    You can try the rice for a few days but you should of done that right away.. The towel only dried the outside.

    Any time a phone goes in water it should be shut down, battery and stuff taken out, and then let it sit in rice for 3 days or so.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanks for the reply. You think it's too late now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    And only the S4 "Active" is water "resistant". The normal S4 is not water anything.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Everything is OK but the camera though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Exze_S4 View Post
    I put a bb on rice for a few days and dried very well, if u ask me i think i do the same whit the s4 but try to remove not only the battery try to remove the case for a better drying. Or u can carefuly try to dry the lens whit a swab

    Enviado desde mi Zapatofono GTi9500 con Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to mess up my S4 any further man, does it work if I leave it with only the battery, sim and microSD is removed?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 in water, camera won't work...

    Well u can try, but i think the plastic around the camera wont let the rice absorve all the remain water or humidity, look for any video on youtube that teaches you how disarm youre phone, i change the usb plate of a s2 that i have and the glass and no s2 was harm..

    Enviado desde mi Zapatofono GTi9500 con Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Help with my Samsung Galaxy 4G
    By Dawn Perkins in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 10:42 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 09:36 AM
  3. Birthdays being changed after I entered them into my contacts?
    By iznot in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 08:49 AM
  4. How to Check in Mobile Android OS is upgrade-able or not ?
    By meashish in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 08:05 AM
  5. update samsung galaxy s2 to 4.3 from 4.1.2
    By shilpa gupta in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 07:58 AM

Posting Permissions

B