Best camera app for Galaxy S4

joeaub

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Which camera app would you recommend for nice clear color rich photos.

I have recently switched from iphone 5 and I am disappointed with the stock camera photos.

With my iPhone I had such rich color photos but this gs4 seems washed out. Night shots on the iphone were pretty good vs the gs4 where they are terrible.

Please help. I use my phone for listing items for sale and I need decent photos.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: best camera app for galaxy s4

I have recently switched from iphone 5 and I am disappointed with the stock camera photos.

With my iPhone I had such rich color photos but this gs4 seems washed out. Night shots on the iphone were pretty good vs the gs4 where they are terrible.

Please help. I use my phone for listing items for sale and I need decent photos.

For the most part images will more less be the same regardless of what camera App you are using. It's the post editing that really enhances the images to your liking. For that, there are many good options. Snapseed is a good editing tool for when you want to enhance certain images that are particularly good.

Mark Rider2

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that i'm from iPhone. What the point in edditting just want the pics right from the camera nit waste time editing them

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that i'm from iPhone. What the point in edditting just want the pics right from the camera nit waste time editing them

I think the S4's pictures look pretty good, beat my point and shoot easy. Just don't shoot in low light

joeaub

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
This really surprised me as on paper the Samsung Galaxy S4 13mp camera kicks the iphones 8mp 's **** (I was using the iphone 5 8mp, not the 5s's supposedly better 8mp camera). But now that I am using the GS4's camera, I really miss the iphone's camera. I use it for work and need a decent camera. In optimal lighting conditions, yes the GS4's camera wins the showdown, but how often do you get to do everything in optimal conditions haha.

The richness of the colors in the iphone pictures really have colors that stands out which probably helps attract customers to my ads in the sea of ads I am posting in. Night shots are pretty much impossible with the GS4. I was unimpressed with the night shots of the iphone.... till I got the GS4.

And now I am stuck in the Galaxy because there is no way I can go back to a smaller screen. I held an iphone the other day and the screen was comical in size.

I am going to make a list of camera apps I have tried...

Oh and don't even get me started on the shutter sound. That really really aggravates me.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This really surprised me as on paper the Samsung Galaxy S4 13mp camera kicks the iphones 8mp 's **** (I was using the iphone 5 8mp, not the 5s's supposedly better 8mp camera). But now that I am using the GS4's camera, I really miss the iphone's camera. I use it for work and need a decent camera. In optimal lighting conditions, yes the GS4's camera wins the showdown, but how often do you get to do everything in optimal conditions haha.

The richness of the colors in the iphone pictures really have colors that stands out which probably helps attract customers to my ads in the sea of ads I am posting in. Night shots are pretty much impossible with the GS4. I was unimpressed with the night shots of the iphone.... till I got the GS4.

And now I am stuck in the Galaxy because there is no way I can go back to a smaller screen. I held an iphone the other day and the screen was comical in size.

Oh and don't even get me started on the shutter sound. That really really aggravates me.

Keep in mind that there's far more to the quality of pictures than mp count in fact, mp count probably doesn't even matter at the size many people view or print photos at. It's the quality of the lense and hardware that comprises the camera. Take a look at the HTC One, for example. Takes great pictures and has a lower mp count than both S4 and iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Oh well , Its a trade off tbh

For example , iPhone shoots 1080p video but audio quality is balls.Only mono.GS4's camera can output 2 channel audio.

And you have option to store in external card.So basically , if you extra card with you , its basically much more than you can capture with iPhone because you can literally get 2 Galaxy S4's for the price of one 64GB iPhone.

Have you turned on night mode ? or tweaked settings ? It can help you.

There is one thing what I like in iOS camera : Animations make it feel snappy but quality is balls.

All these phones are bad tbh.

If you want serious smartphone camera , get a Lumia , it can take awesome pics.Get a 925 or 1020 etc.They also have dedicated camera key (Black update revamped all camera algorithms , so pics will be even more awesome)

I suggest you to try VSCO cam app.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
OP, perhaps you should also consider getting a separate camera for your product photos. While the phone cameras do a reasonably good job in good light, they're really not ideal if you want to ensure good photos all the time. On the other hand, if you're budget constrained, the best advice I can give you with the phone camera is to go into the settings and play around. You can improve the quality of the images if you ensure you've got the settings right for your shooting conditions. I've also noticed that the S4 camera tends to use a very low shutter speed unless the light is very bright; the slow shutter speed tends to result in blurry images. On the other hand, I haven't noticed any deficiency in getting nicely saturated colors in images I've taken. Perhaps if you posted some samples with notes on shooting conditions and camera settings we could give you some advice.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The stock camera app is best for daytime pics. The AOSP camera apps aren't very good.
Shoot in HDR to avoid "washed out" photos

Brandon Stricker

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
No one wants to do any leg work these days.

Anyway the SG4 kicks the crap out of any iphone even with the easy ios editing apps. All you need to do is head over to Ztylus or amazon and purchase the handy camera back for the phone. With the three lens and the regular phone app you can get absolutely stunning photos. I shoot over 10k pics with my camera a month ranging from landscape to portrait. (I am a photographer) I lug my Nikon and backpack with me but I have turned out some exceptional photos with the SG4 in all lighting. If you don't understand the settings read about how to tweak them. Now with the ztylus attachment and filters I can really shoot quite good pics. They don't compare to my 36mp dslr up hey it's a phone. Then do yourself a favor and get google drive at drive.google.com and upload all your pics to that. You can then use the editor or the auto autoawsome feature and voala beautiful pics by anyone. hell a monkey could do it. My 5yo takes some of the best pics I have seen from any other phone. If you want to spend a little time editing and making great collages get the app Pixlr express and pixlr-o-matic. great way to really crank out some good stuff.O:)

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Camera is meant to click or capture memories which can be remembered in the future. That’s why the camera is so, special, addition to the android mobile camera there are few camera apps which support, enhance, edit and write description to it. Below is a list of the some of the best camera apps that can be downloaded from Play Store.
Like HD camera for Android, Camera 360 Ultimate and more.