S4 Front Facing Camera problem

WXavierM

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Every time I try to use the front facing camera with a filter or different frame it becomes really really dark. Is that normal or is there something wrong with it?

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to use the front facing camera with a filter or different frame it becomes really really dark. Is that normal or is there something wrong with it?

Well, i think the problem is with the light if you are sure that there is enough exposure to light then i think that there is some problem with the camera !!! Would advise you better if you uploaded some screen shots of it "If that's possible for you!! "

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I think the first issue is, the front facing camera on the S4 is only 2 MP, no flash, no auto focus. Where as the primary camera is 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash.
So unless you are in PERFECT lighting, and even if you have good lighting, you are usually going to get a way lower quality, grainy, darker image.

So to answer your question, no there is nothing wrong, it's a crappy camera :) Do what you have to to take your selfies on the primary :)

andgy

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem and it is not because there is no flash on the front facing camera. When i am selecting the filter I'd like to use, there is a preview of what it would look like on the main screen (which would have perfect lighting). However, once I go to select the filter, the main screen would turn VERY dark and my face would no longer be visible. Just an outline of it. This is surely a glitch and not a problem due to improper lighting of the room. Anyone else have this problem??

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem and it is not because there is no flash on the front facing camera. When i am selecting the filter I'd like to use, there is a preview of what it would look like on the main screen (which would have perfect lighting). However, once I go to select the filter, the main screen would turn VERY dark and my face would no longer be visible. Just an outline of it. This is surely a glitch and not a problem due to improper lighting of the room. Anyone else have this problem??

Are you using 3rd party software when applying filters and such?

Asteraceae

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
this is not an issue with the lighting. It's a glitch and I have experimented what causes it. It seems to occur most of the time but I only came up with one thing the surely causes it:
If you're using a filter and you press back to minimize the camera and then you open it again.

But I did come up with two solutions. Either should work
Solutions:
A. with a darkened filter On, press home button to minimize the camera and click the camera again to open it, it should revert back to normal.
alternatively,
B. with the darkened filter on, click the shortcut to gallery on the top left corner and then press back again. (Will not work if you're not using a filter when you click the gallery)

I am a normal user and have no idea how these things work. I hope you guys can figure out what really causes it but that is how I fixed mine...

This only seems to affect some S4s since I don't see much stuff about it when I google it.
(mine supposedly made in vietnam (in the box) or UAE which is shown in my About Device.)

ghost_313

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Can someone help me, I just bought my phone from eBay a at s4 unlocked almost brand new everything about it seemed perfect however I just noticed recently when I am using the front facing camera with the effects/filters it turns dark like very dark and but when I put it in no effect it seems fine. Its not due to the lighting or anything, I think its a software issue so how would I fix it ? Or can anyone tell me how to fix it? Also could it be because its still on android 4.4.1 like if it updated to 5.0.1 lollipop would the camera issue be fixed ?

Ihaveasamsungs4

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site

Yeah same thing been happening to me lately, thats why i downloaded snapchat, cuz i couldnt use my fav filter cuz i turned a deep blue....i feel u bro...i hink it may be cuz of updates? Maybe we need new phones..

RR05

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I need some help! My front camera did'nt work ,My rear camera is working but the front cam.was not and dont have an option to click front camera,what will I do? Please help Me.thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech