1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default single home button tap opens task manager

Hello. I been having my gs4 forabout 2 months now. For like the past month, when I single tap the home button to get out of an app, it brings me to the task manager like 90% of the time. When I reset my phone, it wont do it for a couple of hours but it will eventually start again. Anyone experiencing anything similar?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: single home button tap opens task manager

Bump

This has been reported a number of times, for instance here. Do a search of the forums and you'll find more.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yea I saw this but since it has been a couple of months I was wondering if someone has found an explanation since then.

Not sure I can exactly answer you question but you might tinker with the settings in S-Voice. If you double click on the home button, it should bring up S-Voice. Then click your menu button to open up Settings. There is an option called "Open Via the Home key" - maybe this could be at fault. If you disable it then single clicks of the home button are much quicker.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have it disabled already but it still happens. I noticed I tends to happen when the ram is pretty full. I hope its a bug in 4.3 and hopefully kitkat could fix it.

I have the same issue after my update. My work around was to disable S-Voice (I dont use it anyways):

Open S-Voice
    Open Settings Menu
    Disable - Open via the home key

Now here is the change. In order to access the home screen, you will need to double tap. Single tap will bring you to the lame task manager, but double tapping will get you to the home screen. This is just a work around until they fix the issue.

This problem is very annoying, I've searched high and low and the only fix I found was to install Wanam Xposed. It allows you to change the home button functionality. You can also disable the short cut to task manager. I did this and it cured the problem. The app is useful for other things too like disabling low battery warnings.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by TheStand9; 03-05-2014 at 07:31 AM.