Why is my S4 all of the sudden so laggy??

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's constantly laggy these days. I have to wait for the keyboard to popup, apps to open , and I'm getting a lot of "not responding" messages. What is going on??

Sent from my m'fn Galaxy Note son!

Omega Dave

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey there. What I usually do when stuff like this happens, is to delete apps I don't need or use anymore. Also, you may need to update certain apps, that could be doing it. Do you have any shovelware apps that are just taking up space? If so, delete those.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey there. What I usually do when stuff like this happens, is to delete apps I don't need or use anymore. Also, you may need to update certain apps, that could be doing it. Do you have any shovelware apps that are just taking up space? If so, delete those.

I have no idea what shovelware is....

"All I wanna do is a boom boom boom and a zoom zoom zoom"

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Google is an amazing friend to find a definition: Shovelware | Cracked.com

Here's my tip: Delete the last 5-10 or more apps that you downloaded recently. Specifically focus on ones that you downloaded around the time you first noticed the lag. Then shutdown your phone, leave it off for a minute, or even remove the battery, then restart. Hopefully you will notice significant improvement. If so, then you can begin to add those apps, one by one, allowing ample time between in one for you to determine if your phone is still functioning well.
Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC