FIXED! GoDaddy Calendar Sync issues!!
FIXED! See here: FIXED! GoDaddy Calendar sync issues!!
Been working on this for weeks.
What I would like to do:
- Worker has GS4 and inputs timesheet hours (electrician) into his phones calendar
- Phones calendar syncs to GoDaddy calendar account
- I (owner) view calendar from Outlook at office computer to track hour
What I have done:
- Purchased a GoDaddy calendar account (up to 10 users)
- Created my worker his own Calendar account
- Synced GoDaddy calendar to workers Gmail account (Godaddy calendar published)
- In workers Gmail account (online) I have added to "Other Calendars" for GoDaddy syncing by adding URL published from GoDaddy
- Event posted in GoDaddy (online) calendar shows up on Outlook and Gmail (online) calendar in "Other Calendars - GoDaddy"
- Mobile phone events sync to Gmail (online) calendar under "My Calendar" only. Not under "Other Calendars - GoDaddy"
- GoDaddy (online) calendar is viewable from Outlook in my office
What doesn't work:
- Phone doesn't sync to "Other Calendars"
- Creating an event in Gmail (online) calendar in "Other Calendars - GoDaddy". Will not give option to create a event for "Other Calendars - GoDaddy" only for "My Calendar"
1. For Gmail (online) "Other Calendars" are you not able to create events? Can you only view them?
2. From mobile device can you only create events to Gmail (online) calendar in "My Calendar"?
3. Has anyone sync'd a GoDaddy online calendar with an Android device?
4. Read stuff about S Planner and Samsung Kies possibly causing issues with Calendar syncs. Can anyone confirm or give input?
- I do not use android devices. Just learning them. I use my BlackBerry Z10 and syncing my BlackBerry with GoDaddy calendar was easy (considering GoDaddy said it was not possible)
- I have done LOTS of reading of forums and help guides to try and figure this out. Been working on and off for weeks on this. Tough when I don't always have my workers phone to play around with.
Once I have this issue solved I will post a complete "How-to" for this. It is frustrating to search the internet and not find a logical solution. I had to do the same thing for my BlackBerry Z10 and it turned out the procedure was quiet simple in the end. As seen here: How to: GoDaddy Calendar sync with Z10 BB10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
For reference: Here is how GoDaddy says to sync a android device to GoDaddy Calendar: Synchronizing Calendar with Your Mobile Device | GoDaddy Help | GoDaddy Support
- 01-31-2014, 10:48 AM #2
Re: GoDaddy Calendar Sync issues!! HELP!
Replied to other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...sues-help.html
- By ukdavid1 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 6Last Post: 02-05-2014, 09:19 PM
- By mwspony in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 2Last Post: 01-30-2014, 05:55 PM
- By donnadlc in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-30-2014, 05:31 PM
- By HandyJarHead in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-30-2014, 05:30 PM
- By Acid Acid in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 01-30-2014, 01:30 PM