Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Broken LCD won't allow me to transfer data onto new phone (also S4)

The LCD is unresponsive, so when I tried removing the data via USB and my Mac, I learned that I had to switch modes on the phone from 'Media Device' to 'Camera PTP'...which I can't do. Is there anything that can be done to save my precious data (namely my 700 photos)? I don't have them on an SD nor are they on Backup Plus (to my disappointed surprise):

Global Posts
    8,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Broken LCD won't allow me to transfer data onto new phone (also S4)

Quote Originally Posted by kte3 View Post
    The LCD is unresponsive, so when I tried removing the data via USB and my Mac, I learned that I had to switch modes on the phone from 'Media Device' to 'Camera PTP'...which I can't do. Is there anything that can be done to save my precious data (namely my 700 photos)? I don't have them on an SD nor are they on Backup Plus (to my disappointed surprise):
    If you can't accept any prompts on the device, no. Every solution I can think of requires some form of prompt to be accepted on the device to either connect a service or the device to a computer.