1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Having MAJOR video problems on my NEW device. Help!!

I've always been a fan of Droid phones. Recently I traded in my Galaxy S3 for the S4. My phone is BRAND new and works great! But recently I've been having a really weird problem.

I am a big Instagram user and love uploading videos. I downloaded a few different video editing apps that I've always used, including Androvid, mVideoCut, and VideoShow. Recently I tried to use VideoShow to add sound to a video and it didn't work! It started doing weird things like cloning the mp3 file as strange, distorted sound files. It would save incomplete and unviewable video files to my gallery. I tried to edit my videos using any of the other apps and ALL of my video editing apps are failing me. What is going on?!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps. I have tried clearing the data and cache on these apps. Still nothing is working and I am unable to edit ANY of my videos. This sucks! What do I do?

Default Re: Having MAJOR video problems on my NEW device. Help!!

Welcome to Android Central! I probably don't know the answer, but are the files saving to an external SD card? Samsung devices seem to have more problems than usual when dealing with external SD cards, especially if they're the 64 GB size.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, I have no SD card in my phone nor have I selected to save anything to an SD card. It's totally weird. @__@

There might be some incompatibility of your VideoShow app on the S4. Might be worth emailing the developer and asking them if anyone else has had similar problems.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well it's not just the VideoShow app, NO app is working with my video files. Even trying to upload an unedited video to Instagram says "file type unsupported". I just downloaded a video converter app and that allowed me to send the file through mVideoCut after being converted.

Upon examination, recorded videos are being saved to my gallery as .3gp files. Converters change it to mp4s. Dont know what my video files were before but it always worked before yesterday. Is my phone saving videos as a weird file. type?
    Thanked by:

I think 3gp is a relatively old format (like Blackberry old). It'd be odd for your native camera to record in that format, since every Android camera I've used records in mp4. Are the videos from the Camera or from the Instagram app?

Posted via Android Central App

I want to add video to my Instagram account however the video is grainy, fuzzy and out of focus, this is my 2nd phone and does the same thing so I'm pretty sure it's IG issue. Has anyone had or seen this probem and have a solution? Thanks