Do i need to root my new s4

tomchewz

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Just got it, i didnt want to get a iphone because you almost have to JB them to get the most out of it, i thought android was different, but now it seems i need to root my s4 to play any games i back up? I tried assassins creed, raven sword, avengers, the only one that almost worked was galaxy under fire the only one you dont have to put into the .obb folder, but the graphics where really glitchy. Also at first I couldn't transfer anything to the obb folder, instead i had to move it with file manager in the phone, is this why nothing works?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Just got it, i didnt want to get a iphone because you almost have to JB them to get the most out of it, i thought android was different, but now it seems i need to root my s4 to play any games i back up? I tried assassins creed, raven sword, avengers, the only one that almost worked was galaxy under fire the only one you dont have to put into the .obb folder, but the graphics where really glitchy. Also at first I couldn't transfer anything to the obb folder, instead i had to move it with file manager in the phone, is this why nothing works?

What do you mean by "root my s4 to play any games I back up?" If you want to backup app data such as on games, you should try Helium.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also, games should just install from the Play Store and not require moving of any files.

You are getting these games from the Play Store, right?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Also, games should just install from the Play Store and not require moving of any files.

You are getting these games from the Play Store, right?

I was just about to ask that same question about where he is getting these apps! :confused:

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting the apps off the play store.
Discussion of piracy or illegally obtaining the apps outside of approved stores like Google Play, Amazon and Get Jar is not allowed in the forums. Developers work hard to provide apps and should be shown respect by obtaining them properly.

Any further discussion or questioning pertaining to piracy/illegally obtaining apps will not be tolerated.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance