Easiest way to unlock an S4

Ghostma77

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
What's the easiest, fastest, cheapest way to unlock a Rogers S4 without rooting? Apps, sites etc..... Help a brother out here...

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You talking about unlocking it from the carrier or unlocking the bootloader on the device?

Unlocking the bootloader is basically tied in with rooting the device.

Unlocking from the carrier, that requires you " the proper way " to buy the device outright from the carrier or finish your contract agreement the obtain the unlocking code & procedure from the carrier.

There is other ways of unlocking from the carrier but we don't condone that due to scams and other problems.

Ghostma77

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
You talking about unlocking it from the carrier or unlocking the bootloader on the device?

Unlocking the bootloader is basically tied in with rooting the device.

Unlocking from the carrier, that requires you " the proper way " to buy the device outright from the carrier or finish your contract agreement the obtain the unlocking code & procedure from the carrier.

There is other ways of unlocking from the carrier but we don't condone that due to scams and other problems.

I'm buying a used s4 locked to a certain carrier, but want to unlock to use with another. Not really interested in rooting. I'm in Canada so unlike the states it is legal to unlock

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is the phone in good standing with the previous owners carrier? No contract owed, skipped out on, etc. ? You should be able to get the unlock code from the previous carrier then.

Ghostma77

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Is the phone in good standing with the previous owners carrier? No contract owed, skipped out on, etc. ? You should be able to get the unlock code from the previous carrier then.

I thought it had to be the previous owner that had to get the unlock done. There's a policy in place where the carrier must unlock the phone after 90 days by request of the owner regardless of time left on contract. That's in Canada though. These are new wireless regulations. Only issue is getting the previous owner to do this. And i can't even get Rogers to unlock it because you need an account in good standing with them and I don't have one at all. Never will. They're crooks Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa