How to Install the 4.3 Update on Rooted S4?

ForgetApple

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting sick of it trying to install... when it was first released I immediately was able to find something online of how to install the update and keep your root but I waited to long and now I can't find anything... Anyone help please?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting sick of it trying to install... when it was first released I immediately was able to find something online of how to install the update and keep your root but I waited to long and now I can't find anything... Anyone help please?

You would probably need to unroot and then try again. I'd advise against doing so though, seeing as a lot of people are having issues and are unable to downgrade back to 4.3
I'd flash a 4.3 custom ROM without Knox :)

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you get a notification on the status bar on top?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I want the update is so it will stop harassing me to do it... any way to turn that off?

When you get that harassing message in your notification panel, long press it, click app info, Detick show notifications. Bam no more harassing messages.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When you get that harassing message in your notification panel, long press it, click app info, Detick show notifications. Bam no more harassing messages.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Exactly my thought process.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15