Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ReMarkable2112
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Constant alert noise

Can someone please help before I throw my phone through the window.
    It is constantly making an alert noise and I have no clue what it is.
    I have turned off all email notifications (hotmail, don't have yahoo, gmail, outlook).
    I have turned off all sound notifications for the phone.
    There is currently nothing in my notifications.
    I have gone through all the threads on here that I can find and can't locate a solution.
    If anyone has had this before please help. Also, this sound is not any of the sounds that exist as options on the phone to set, so I can not tell you what the name of the sound is.
    Thank you in advance.
    Update: It seems to be connected to the phone searching GPS location. Don't know how to turn the noise off though.

Default Re: Constant alert noise

Tough one. Some thoughts fwiw
    1-If you go to settings/my device/sound/volume, you will see for volume sliders (media, ringer, notifications, system). Maybe try setting them individually to zero and see which one makes it go away.
    2-any unusual programs in your list of running programs?
    3-I assume you tried re- booting
    4-any idea what changed when the noise started? Installed a new program?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for replying.
    Yep, rebooted.
    All the volumes ones have been set differently.
    Not sure about a new program. I'm wondering if it is caused from using GoLauncher or ApexLaucher.

Mine did that couple weeks ago had no clue why I shut it down did a battery pull did the trick

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Em Wood likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Is a battery pull just taking it out and putting it back in? If so, I have done that. No luck.

Pretty much. Shut it down pulled the battery waited a few minutes put it back in turned it on fixed it for me.

Posted via Android Central App

I had this problem today, and finally figured it out after wanting to yell like a madman at my phone.

If you have NFC turned on, this might be what's happening with your phone (if not, I'm sorry, but maybe it'll help someone else out).

For my situation, it turned out that the library book I had set my phone on top of had a NFC or RFID tag that my phone was constantly reading. Which resulted in a constant notification sound that wasn't the default notification sound...

I haven't gone through any steps to eliminate it from happening if I set it on the book again, but keeping your phone away from random NFC/RFID tags might do the trick... or turning off NFC.

HTH!

edit: Just thought about another way this could be affecting others... This could also be a problem if you store your credit cards that have tap'n'pay in a phone case. Your phone could be sensing those cards.

Quote Originally Posted by carterbailey View Post
    I had this problem today, and finally figured it out after wanting to yell like a madman at my phone.

If you have NFC turned on, this might be what's happening with your phone (if not, I'm sorry, but maybe it'll help someone else out).

For my situation, it turned out that the library book I had set my phone on top of had a NFC or RFID tag that my phone was constantly reading. Which resulted in a constant notification sound that wasn't the default notification sound...

I haven't gone through any steps to eliminate it from happening if I set it on the book again, but keeping your phone away from random NFC/RFID tags might do the trick... or turning off NFC.

HTH!

edit: Just thought about another way this could be affecting others... This could also be a problem if you store your credit cards that have tap'n'pay in a phone case. Your phone could be sensing those cards.
    Thank you so much! I had a nexus 6 which had a folding case with a debit card in which had tap2pay in it. Everytime the case was folded back it was the triggering the nfc noise as the card got close to the back of the phone! Nfc had been enabled during the phone setup to transfer contacts etc from old phone to new phone. This was driving me mad! Without this thread I wouldn't have worked it out so, thank you!