Constant alert noise
Can someone please help before I throw my phone through the window.
It is constantly making an alert noise and I have no clue what it is.
I have turned off all email notifications (hotmail, don't have yahoo, gmail, outlook).
I have turned off all sound notifications for the phone.
There is currently nothing in my notifications.
I have gone through all the threads on here that I can find and can't locate a solution.
If anyone has had this before please help. Also, this sound is not any of the sounds that exist as options on the phone to set, so I can not tell you what the name of the sound is.
Thank you in advance.
Update: It seems to be connected to the phone searching GPS location. Don't know how to turn the noise off though.
Last edited by Em Wood; 02-02-2014 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Update
- 02-01-2014, 10:08 AM #2
- 99 Posts
Re: Constant alert noise
Tough one. Some thoughts fwiw
1-If you go to settings/my device/sound/volume, you will see for volume sliders (media, ringer, notifications, system). Maybe try setting them individually to zero and see which one makes it go away.
2-any unusual programs in your list of running programs?
3-I assume you tried re- booting
4-any idea what changed when the noise started? Installed a new program?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
- 02-01-2014, 06:09 PM #4
- 02-02-2014, 09:17 AM #6
- By touchthatpad106 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
- By Maxvector9 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2014, 05:14 PM
- By Elance in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-30-2014, 10:17 AM
- By Elance in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-30-2014, 05:00 AM
- By Floridadomer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-28-2014, 01:24 PM