Kii keyboard-remove word from autocorrect?

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a way to resolve this irritating issue for months, but have had no luck. When I swype certain common words, they are autocorrected incorrectly (i.e. "you" becomes "toy," "and" becomes "abs"). After searching Google and the forums, I know this is a common annoyance, but have only seen ways to delete the incorrect words using the Swype keyboard or stock keyboard; I'm using Kii keyboard. The suggestion of long pressing on the incorrect word and then selecting the "delete" option to remove it permanently does not work in Kii, I just get 9 or 10 other word suggestions when I long press on the word. Has anyone found a way to fix this issue in Kii? I'm constantly having to delete incorrect words, which makes typing a total pain.

Thanks!

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Look in Kii settings Languages & Dictionary near the bottom. Two options for Blacklist. One will prevent TOY ever being offered as a suggestion. Other will turn on the Hold on Suggested Word to get a Remove from Dictionary option--use that one with care!

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Look in Kii settings Languages & Dictionary near the bottom. Two options for Blacklist. One will prevent TOY ever being offered as a suggestion. Other will turn on the Hold on Suggested Word to get a Remove from Dictionary option--use that one with care!

Thanks so much for the suggestions, JudH, but it appears those options are premium features that need to be paid for. I've attached a picture to make sure these are the options you're talking about ("Blacklist Word," "Long Press to Blacklist"). It seems like Kii knows what an annoyance these poor autocorrections are and purposely made the option to fix the issue a paid feature so users would have to upgrade. I'm thinking I might need to switch to another keyboard if there's no fix for this because it's a frequent and time-consuming annoyance.

Screenshot_2014-02-02-13-54-44.jpg

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Oops. Didn't realize those options were premium. I bought the upgrade within hours for some other reason. Why not upgrade? Kii is the best keyboard I've found and the upgrade is cheap. Don't think you'll find anything better free or otherwise.

I only used swipe for a bit. I found I was missing letters on the left side because my finger was in the way and you only have to be off a tiny bit to get the wrong words like you. I wish they'd let you use swipe with the compact layout--those larger keys would reduce the errors a lot.

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Oops. Didn't realize those options were premium. I bought the upgrade within hours for some other reason. Why not upgrade? Kii is the best keyboard I've found and the upgrade is cheap. Don't think you'll find anything better free or otherwise.

I only used swipe for a bit. I found I was missing letters on the left side because my finger was in the way and you only have to be off a tiny bit to get the wrong words like you. I wish they'd let you use swipe with the compact layout--those larger keys would reduce the errors a lot.

I'm thinking I'm just going to pay the $4 for the upgrade. I tried using these premium features yesterday (you can try them for one hour and then the settings reset unless you upgrade) and my issues were resolved. I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for months with no luck and the other keyboards I've tried are just as bad in the autocorrect department with less customization options (i.e. Google keyboard). Thanks for the feedback, JudH!

Juggernaut122

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I like Kii keyboard alot (more features than swiftkey, and more practical and less battery consuming than ai.type) but I have not upgraded mostly because I cannot get the double tap of the space bar to put in a period - does that work for you?

Also, it often does not autocapitalize at the start of the sentence.
Also, I have NO idea how much the upgrade costs because they don't list the price anywhere and the company that makes it will not respond to any email (has it been abandoned?), not even to tell me the price.

Can you shed any light on these issues? Perhaps they are fixed in the pay version?

Thanks!
Juggernaut

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital