1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how can i make my s4 a hot spot with verizon

is there a way? Verizon is telling me that I have to subscribe to there hotspot service
    gs4 verizon

Default Re: how can i make my s4 a hot spot with verizon

I thought with the share plan it is included. On mine I have mobile hotspot option. Works.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you. I do have the share plan but for some reason I have to pay for hot spots. I downloaded foxfi and I now got it.. Thank you for your reply

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    gs4 verizon

Quote Originally Posted by THEPRFCT10 View Post
    I thought with the share plan it is included. On mine I have mobile hotspot option. Works.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamant117 View Post
    Thank you. I do have the share plan but for some reason I have to pay for hot spots. I downloaded foxfi and I now got it.. Thank you for your reply

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    On Verizon, I believe that if you are on an "unlimited" plan, you have to pay extra for mobile hot spot (MHS) usage, but if you are on a restricted data plan, you can use MHS without the extra charge, but are obviously limited by the amount of data usage you have on your plan. (In other words, it doesn't matter if the plan is "shared" or not, what matters is whether your data usage is limited or not).

Maybe I'm mistaken, or maybe Verizon has changed their policy. I do believe, however, that FCC regulations prevent them from blocking 3rd party HS apps, so if Foxfi is working for you I guess that's good enough.

I use my phone as a mobile hotspot when we're at our place in western North Carolina with no Internet connection. (That's one of the main reasons we switched to Verizon, since AT&T got no reception there.) We're on a limited data plan, and we do have to pay extra for the hotspot feature. However, it is prorated, so if we only use it for a week or a couple of days, we're not charged for the whole month. Their data-usage algorithm or something can get a little screwy when I turn the hotspot on and off (you can do this with the My Verizon app on the phone), and I get notices that I'm about to go over the limit, but no overage ever shows up in my bill.