Samsung Galaxy S4 keyboard issues

Kenkensington

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey - So I've had my Galaxy S4 (verizon) for a little under a year now. I've noticed that sometimes when I'm typing, it will just start capitalizing or putting random words in all caps on its own. Sometimes it will capitalize every word in every sentence for one message, but in the next message I send, everything will be fine.

Is this a bug with these phones or is it just my phone? Is there a way I can fix this?

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen this. Are you using the stock Samsung keyboard? You could try switching to a different keyboard and see if it still does it. When you're ready to type a message, pull down the notification screen and tap Select input method.

Kenkensington

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I just tried the Google keyboard. I'm a little hesitant to use it because I'm so used to how the Samsung keyboard has the numbers at the top which I use a lot. Its going to take a while to get used to hitting that button on the side to get to the numbers. That's one reason I like the Samsung keyboard as opposed to the iPhone keyboards.

SLHartzog

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S4 from Costco. Only major problem I'm having so far is when I try to retrieve voice mail the screen goes black after each digit I enter for my password and the keypad gets sluggish, requiring several "punches" to enter the next digit - then of course voice mail doesn't recognize the password and won't let me in. Anyone know a fix for this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay