Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Hey guys, I think this is the right place for this, but if not, tell me to "shoo" and I'll skedaddle!

    Anyway, the title pretty much sums up what my problem is; my Samsung Galaxy Light won't turn on after the battery died earlier today.

    I got home from work, tried plugging my phone in, and it wouldn't start charging... tried to turn it on while on the charger and got no boot screen, no light, no nothin'. Tried taking the battery out, left it out a while, plugged it back in, nothing. I tried a different cord, a different outlet, a different charger socket itself, nothing; my cord works fine for charging a different android, too.

    I brought the phone over to my desktop and plugged it in via USB and the computer won't recognize that anything is there; also, neither KIES nor Odin recognize that anything is there.

    I tried pushing and holding various "boot into recovery" button combinations that I could find 'round the internet; still nothing.

    Now, however, the phone is lighting up repeatedly while still plugged into my computer, showing the "Samsung Galaxy Light SGH T-399" screen for a second, then turning off again.

    I really, really need this phone, unfortunately. Sending it back to T-mobile isn't really an option, and sending it to Samsung would be... well, less than optimal; it's the only phone my fiance and I have to actually use, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Mods move to the galaxy light forum.

    From mah shiny new Nexus 5
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by techydavid View Post
    Mods move to the galaxy light forum.

    From mah shiny new Nexus 5
    There is no Galaxy Light forum

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by writkeeper View Post
    Hey guys, I think this is the right place for this, but if not, tell me to "shoo" and I'll skedaddle!

    Anyway, the title pretty much sums up what my problem is; my Samsung Galaxy Light won't turn on after the battery died earlier today.

    I got home from work, tried plugging my phone in, and it wouldn't start charging... tried to turn it on while on the charger and got no boot screen, no light, no nothin'. Tried taking the battery out, left it out a while, plugged it back in, nothing. I tried a different cord, a different outlet, a different charger socket itself, nothing; my cord works fine for charging a different android, too.

    I brought the phone over to my desktop and plugged it in via USB and the computer won't recognize that anything is there; also, neither KIES nor Odin recognize that anything is there.

    I tried pushing and holding various "boot into recovery" button combinations that I could find 'round the internet; still nothing.

    Now, however, the phone is lighting up repeatedly while still plugged into my computer, showing the "Samsung Galaxy Light SGH T-399" screen for a second, then turning off again.

    I really, really need this phone, unfortunately. Sending it back to T-mobile isn't really an option, and sending it to Samsung would be... well, less than optimal; it's the only phone my fiance and I have to actually use, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central
    So you can't boot into recovery mode, right? How about download? That's volume down + home + power button
    If those aren't working, I'd try a new battery. Otherwise, the phone is probably dead for good unless you send it back for repair

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Ah crap... I got it to boot into download mode for a split second and it started the process, but then shut itself off again.

    Tried the button combination again, and now it's not doing anything, and it's no longer turning on at all; no boot screen.
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by writkeeper View Post
    Ah crap... I got it to boot into download mode for a split second and it started the process, but then shut itself off again.

    Tried the button combination again, and now it's not doing anything, and it's no longer turning on at all; no boot screen.
    Try leaving out the battery for 10 - 15 minutes then do it again. If that doesn't work it's probably sudden death syndrome; had it happen to my old phone and it never worked, even with a new battery

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Geez, is that Samsung's version of the red ring of death or something?

    No fun. ; ;
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by writkeeper View Post
    Geez, is that Samsung's version of the red ring of death or something?

    No fun. ; ;
    Not just Samsung, happens to all kinds of phones. Some might be from a bad battery, so you could still try that but the only other option is to send it back for repair

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Yeah... It's sort of working again, but still not really. I can boot into download mode for just a second and then it shuts back off again without fail. Battery, probably?
  10. #10  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by writkeeper View Post
    Yeah... It's sort of working again, but still not really. I can boot into download mode for just a second and then it shuts back off again without fail. Battery, probably?
    Not sure, I had that happen to me a few weeks ago and almost hard bricked my phone. Let is sit without the battery for about an hour and it let me boot into download mode.
    Anyway, if you get it into download mode, plug it into a PC and download a program on there called "Odin." I use v1.85 but 3.07 works fine too. Then get a stock ROM from either sammobile or samsungupdates.com and flash it with Odin.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    I'll give it a shot and report back later. Hopefully it works... doesn't look like I can find a replacement battery upon first search. D:

    Anyway, thanks!
  12. #12  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by writkeeper View Post
    I'll give it a shot and report back later. Hopefully it works... doesn't look like I can find a replacement battery upon first search. D:

    Anyway, thanks!
    No problem. Glad I could help

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  13. #13  
    shmutt1980's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.2.1

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    why isn't there a SGH-T399 forum.... HSN sold like a million of these things.
  14. #14  
    GJSmith3rd's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Light (SGH T-399) stuck in boot loop, can't be recognized/booted into recovery.

    I've got a sgh-t399 that's stuck in a boot loop due to a corrupted data partition. My backups failed to restore so right now I'm waiting for a custom rom.

    Sent from my U8150 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
  2. Video highlights in KitKat! Voila!
    By CHILLYWILL_95831 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 09:38 PM
  3. Phone Won't Boot. Hard Reset Not Solving Problem
    By DaveDubIrl in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
  4. Galaxy S4 Active will not charge
    By carolineelise3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

B